New Earphone suggestions

I have been using Activo CT10 DAP for over a month with Soundmagic E10C earphones. Activo CT10 is an MQA renderer and comes with Tidal app built in. Think it is on sale for 8999 on headphonezone.in at the moment.

The battery life ain't great (maybe half / less of what is claimed). The backside gets a bit too hot at times. And the touch screen is a bit too small for my liking. Difficult to type search words because of the small screen and consequent small fonts. But it seems to me to be an affordable and all in one entry option for Tidal and MQA.

Another option would be to get a LG G7, G7+, V30+, V40+ or G8x (not G8s). They are all MQA renderers and are not very expensive if you go the pre-owned route. The DAC is supposed to be really good + it is unlikely to have the inconveniences I am facing with the Activo CT10.

Yes I got it from Headphonezone.
I got Astel&Kern Billie Jean IEM along with it from HPZ.

Cheers
They recommended me the Diana yesterday as its on a big discount!
So possible setup is
1) DAC - Earmen sparrow or iFi HIP
2) IEM’s - A&K Billie Jean or Diana or Etymotic ER2XR or Meze Rai Sollo

their first IEM recommendation was Rai Sollo and second was Diana due to the streep discount

which one you would recommend?
Fyi: Earmen and Etymotics are out of stock

They recommended me the Diana yesterday as its on a big discount!
So possible setup is
1) DAC - Earmen sparrow or iFi HIP
2) IEM’s - A&K Billie Jean or Diana or Etymotic ER2XR or Meze Rai Sollo

their first IEM recommendation was Rai Sollo and second was Diana due to the streep discount

which one you would recommend?
Fyi: Earmen and Etymotics are out of stock

I would suggest to go for the Diana if you are getting a good deal.
Though am not sure if there is much difference in SQ between the Earmen Sparrow and the Hip DAC.
One thing to note is that if you decide to use a balanced cable in future for your IEM then you will have to spend around 2k to get a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter for the Hip DAC.

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back