new home theater system suggestion for my new home? "techgurus" please help

which are the better speakers in your suggestion under price range of 5L INR

• Total voters

sagarrungta

hello folks,

Thanks for joining in this conversation, really needed your help

Well, we have bought a new house in surat where my father does his business and m here in mumbai to do my graduation in B.B.A.
My house is a 4 BHK 7000 sqft flat , also other than the 4 BHK, it has a Separate AV room connected to my hall which i have thought of making a dedicated home theater room in near future. The flat is fully ready but we will be shifting there during this coming diwali in november.
Here is a pic of how my house is planned
HOme theater.jpg

Here, i am mainly planning to setup home theater system in both my hall and the dedicated room. My dad has given me a budget of maxx 30 lakhs INR to setup home theatre systems in these.
My home theater room size is 12*18 feet
My hall is huge and the size is 25*27 feet
Here is a pic of my hall. Sorry didnt have a pic of home theater room but will upload it soon.
6.jpg

So keeping 30 lakhs in mind and doing a lots of research for home theatre systems, i have thought of this

DEVICE AND QUANTITY - PRICE WEIGHTAGE GIVEN

Home automation system and black wallpapers(in av room only) for 5 lakhs
1 TV for hall (55-65 Inches) 4 lakh
1 speaker system for hall - 2 lakh
2nd speaker system for AV room - 5 lakh
Projector for AV room - 4 lakh
Projector Screen 130 inches diagonally (for Av room) - 2 lakh
2 Bluray players for both Hall and Av room - 1.5 lakh (both included)
1 Amplifier or AV Receiver for Av Room 2 lakh
2nd Amplifier or Av Receiver for HAll 1 lakh
Recliners for Av room 2 lakh
Connecting Cables -- 1 lakh
Bowers and wilkins A7 airplay speaker - 60 Thousand

So this is what i have planned in my mind, suggest me if u have a better idea in mind or if i missed anything from above. Important to note here that i will using my setup 70% for watching movies and 30% for listening to music. Also 3d is not so important to me but good if it comes as an extra feature then its well n good

Also help me in selecting which brands to go for considering the price weightage in mind. Here is what i have thought of till now but still have confusion:

For home automation , its going to be lutron lighting control and shades system might be the radio Ra-2 fully integrated system
For tv, i have thought of getting a samsung es9000 led or a panasonic plasma
For speakers i was thinking of bowers and wilkins Cm9 theater system or 683 theater system for my Av room and magnepan or any other for my Hall
For projector i have thought of Runco LS-5 or the JVC DLA X-70R
Projector screen will be Da-lite or Stewart Filmscreen Studiotec 130-G
Bluray players strictly by Oppo Mostly the BDP-105 model for both
Not sure about the power Amps Or AVR thing but have thought of marantz 7007 or the denon 4000 series or rotel (to power the B&w but mostly out of my price weightage)
For recliners in Av room i have a local dealer here so no prob in that.
Connecting cables will be Chord or Kimber Kable

NOTE: The Av room will have only projector and no tv and also my hall will have only a tv and no projector system.

I have been following all techie sites, also the Hometheater and What Hi-fi magazines for the past 1 and 1/2 year but still have confusions. So, please help guys
Also as many of you will be thinking if some of the above mentioned devices would be available in india so no worries as i have a brother in hong kong from whom i get those products that too at a cheaper rate. But most of these items are available in india except the oppo bluray players and the stewart film screens which i will get from outside.
Also here my 30 Lakh budget has been deducted by 5 lakhs for home automation as it is the most important system for my father to be installed in our new house. So keeping the rest 25 lakh in mind and refering to above details about the brands i have thought of and the pricing please suggest me a great system for getting the best home entertainment experience out of it giving more attention to home theater system in my Av room than the system in my hall.

Waiting for your reply guys help me..........

Last edited:
Damn - 30L. Once this system is set up, would be very keen to visit it at Surat.

Better to consult some professional HT installers. At your budget they will come to your home step with suggestions.

A good starting point is to buy some copies of What Hifi magazine. They can give you some Idea about your set up. But you can also contact Pro FX they generally deal with Polk and Denon. But they can advice you about your HT room set up guide.
I would suggest

Jamo D 600 speaker (These are THX certified)
+
Yamaha RX-A3020

i dont know why u are spending on runco projctors ? i just installed the epson 8100 TW for about 1.6-1.7 lakhs and its A TREAT (BTW i get a 144" throw on this projector from a distance of 14 feet AND I DONT EVEN NEED A SCREEN because the throw is so nice and bright) ! and epson has proper sales and service setup in india.. so no problems with the spare lamps. sound is a very broad topic so i wondt get into it with you. u can see my signature for the sound i have and its for a much bigger room than u have and it sounds GREAT !

rest buy the LG 60" plasma if you are looking for a big TV. its a deal at close to 1.10 lakhs.. im forgetting its model no but u can see it of their website.

i dont know why u are spending on runco projctors ? i just installed the epson 8100 TW for about 1.6-1.7 lakhs and its A TREAT (BTW i get a 144" throw on this projector from a distance of 14 feet AND I DONT EVEN NEED A SCREEN because the throw is so nice and bright) ! and epson has proper sales and service setup in india.. so no problems with the spare lamps. sound is a very broad topic so i wondt get into it with you. u can see my signature for the sound i have and its for a much bigger room than u have and it sounds GREAT !

rest buy the LG 60" plasma if you are looking for a big TV. its a deal at close to 1.10 lakhs.. im forgetting its model no but u can see it of their website.
30 lakhs is a very large budget and I envy someone who can spend that much. But in my opinion, everything is overestimated.

This one I can't really comment on the price but I think that 3 lakhs should be sufficient for a room of 12x18 size.

The outgoing Sony 55HX850 LED was 2 lakhs. The Samsung 64E8000 plasma is 2.25 lakhs. So an overestimate.

OK.

2L tops.

1.5 lakhs is more than sufficient. More expensive is not necessarily better.

A motorized 10' wide 1.1 gain 16:9 screen will top up at 50,000 max.

Oppo is an overkill for pure blu-ray viewing. Oppo is good for DVD upscaling. OP has not mentioned the sources. Don't let us hear that the source will be downloads. :rolleyes:

Overkill again. 75K is more than sufficient for the room of that size.

Overkill again. 50K is more than sufficient for the room of that size.

Recliners are 15k each. A room of 12x18 will accommodate 4 or 5 recliners at best.

Once again an overestimate. 30K should do the job.

No idea. Probably right.

@ sagar rungta
I think Jignesh Khatiwala of Absolute Sound in Surat would be able to help you

further I would also request you to take a demo of the JBL Syhthesis system at Lakozy in Mumbai. Heard them at the recent AV Expo in Delhi.

I'd say its better to overestimate and then end up saving a bit from your budget than starting with a smaller budget and later telling your dad you need 50% more.

About the projectors, I've heard some really good stuff about JVCs and Sony offerings. Mostly for 2D though. 3D performance is either the same or even worse than what you'll get with cheaper projectors like epson tw8100. But for 2D, some people swear by their performance. They were way over my budget so never bothered with the JVC and Sony but the OP has a good enough budget to consider some of the best projectors out there. All I hope is that he doesn't go for a jvc/Sony/Runco without getting a demo of those along with the epson tw8100. That'd be a waste IMO. For the budget he has, he should'nt have too many issues getting demos.

Samsung 64e8000 is a really good value too. And it's available for less than 1.8L. But considering that he doesn't need to buy the tv right now and has a good enough budget, he should wait for samsung 64f8500. It's supposedly on par (or very very close) to panasonic's last years offerings (which were/are arguably the best TVs we had last year). And if the new plasmas are anything like last years, the sammys will have much less issues with burn in and IR along with better support compared to panasonic as well.

About projector screens, I'm sure Dalite and stelwarks are going to be much much better than the grandview I have. Not that I have any issues with it but, just like the projectors, I've seen a lot of people claiming their outstanding quality being worth the extra price. Once again, don't bother spending that much money unless you get the demo. If the budget is limited or you can't get the demo, grandview should be your default choice as its decent enough and doesn't cost a bomb. No point in getting a 2L screen only to realise its not really any different than the ~50k screen you could have gotten.

Motorised recliners cost quite a bit more than 15k I think. And considering the budget op has, he doesn't just need comfort but looks and added functions as well. Motorised recliners with leather covers, buttkickers, led lights in cup holders and below the recliners would end up costing him 30-40k per seat. 2L will still probably be bit more than needs but still better to overestimate than underestimate.

Audio, I can't really comment. I'm totally clueless here myself. A lot of FMs do seem to have some really expensive gear and none of them seem to regret spending on them. But, they also seem to know their audio and unless the OP has same level of knowledge, spending this much money is not really advisable.

Last edited:
hello folks,

Well, we have bought a new house in surat where my father does his business and m here in mumbai to do my graduation in B.B.A.
My house is a 4 BHK 7000 sqft flat , also other than the 4 BHK, it has a Separate AV room connected to my hall which i have thought of making a dedicated home theater room in near future. The flat is fully ready but we will be shifting there during this coming diwali in november.
View attachment 9806

Here, i am mainly planning to setup home theater system in both my hall and the dedicated room. My dad has given me a budget of maxx 30 lakhs INR to setup home theatre systems in these.
Here is a pic of my hall. Sorry didnt have a pic of home theater room but will upload it soon.
View attachment 9807

So keeping 30 lakhs in mind and doing a lots of research for home theatre systems, i have thought of this

So this is what i have planned in my mind, suggest me if u have a better idea in mind or if i missed anything from above. Important to note here that i will using my setup 70% for watching movies and 30% for listening to music. Also 3d is not so important to me but good if it comes as an extra feature then its well n good

Also help me in selecting which brands to go for considering the price weightage in mind. Here is what i have thought of till now but still have confusion:

For home automation , its going to be lutron lighting control and shades system might be the radio Ra-2 fully integrated system
For speakers i was thinking of bowers and wilkins Cm9 theater system or 683 theater system for my Av room and magnepan or any other for my Hall
Not sure about the power Amps Or AVR thing but have thought of marantz 7007 or the denon 4000 series or rotel (to power the B&w but mostly out of my price weightage)

NOTE: The Av room will have only projector and no tv and also my hall will have only a tv and no projector system.

I have been following all techie sites, also the Hometheater and What Hi-fi magazines for the past 1 and 1/2 year but still have confusions. So, please help guys
Also as many of you will be thinking if some of the above mentioned devices would be available in india so no worries as i have a brother in hong kong from whom i get those products that too at a cheaper rate. But most of these items are available in india except the oppo bluray players and the stewart film screens which i will get from outside.
Also here my 30 Lakh budget has been deducted by 5 lakhs for home automation as it is the most important system for my father to be installed in our new house. So keeping the rest 25 lakh in mind and refering to above details about the brands i have thought of and the pricing please suggest me a great system for getting the best home entertainment experience out of it giving more attention to home theater system in my Av room than the system in my hall.

First of all, congratulations for the new house. I am glad you are fore-planning things to minute details from the beginning. I am sure people will be envious when they visit your house.

Your estimated budget, 30L, will buy you some very good quality equipments. They can potentially be technically as good as in a Dolby Certified commercial theater. BUT, a lot will depend on the people who you involve in installation. Good equipments are a good start point, and will lay a solid foundation. But badly implemented, they might make the final setup just average. So, my first advice to you, involve the right people in your installation.

Secondly, about your budget. You have overestimated and underestimated a lot of items in your initial estimation, which is quite understandable for someone who is not much involved in these matters or doesn't have a very good grip on concurrent market prices. So, give and take, you have a nice budget so long as it is an overall budget and not a per item budget. Also, your budget needs to be flexible on the limit. You should be willing to spend more or less depending on the synergy in the system.

Contrary to the popular approach, I would recommend you to stop thinking about what should be on your shopping list. I would strongly recommend you to list your priorities. Not in terms of money you will spend and the items you would buy, but in terms of what do you expect from each of your setups. How do you plan to use them. Your listening habit. Your guests. How do you plan to accommodate visitors/guests. What kind of guests would you have. What spaces are meant for whom? How much time will be spent with each system. How many people would be using the systems. What are their habits. What are their likings disliking in the music/movies. In short, what you will buy will depend on the answers to the above set of initial questions.

If I were you, I will break that budget up in 20-10 and set up two systems. One specializing in movie reproduction and one in music playback.

And I must warn you, even at that budget, it might get tight when you start shopping. So if you do involve a professional installer, tell him that your budget is 20L. If you start with a budget of 30, be ready to spend 40. That's how it works.

30 L budget! whoo.....
If I were you, I would get two Velodyne Subs
go and listen to Martin Logan / Bower wilkins / Def tech/ klipsch or Paradigm floor standing and their matching center and rear. I would suggest to keep the system count to 11.2.
11.2 Marantz AV8801 or Integra av receiver
Do not spend too much on TV since 4K technology is all set to arrive soon. Rather choose a project for time being.
THe second set of speakers, I would suggest you go for in wall / ceiling combo

If you still have some money left.... you can go for one of the below
Top 10 Expensive Home Stereos | Brought to You by Theater seat Store

i would recommend Hertz Speakers. for a good separation of Sound. One Pre-amp from Marantz and power amp from Emotiva.
but your HT room seams small for the set-up. Hertz makes customized speakers. you can contact them for a better idea.

hello folks,

View attachment 9806

View attachment 9807

You can consider Room Acoustics too.

Congrats on your new house. You have an excellent budget, so please do not fall prey to marketing.

I would recommend you consider the smaller room for music only (Stereo with room treatment) and HT in living room.

For this budget, you may have to engage the professionals to handle it. I am sure you want to have the best out of the best setup for ur music and movie experience and the money to set it up. Not just about spending 30L :D

Just mention your requirement and see what they might have to quote, if asked for the budget, then like one of the FM mentioned, keep it not more than 20L and see what you get out of it. Then see if there an oppurtunity and more importantly the need to spend even more. All the best.

This is going to be one hell of a thread to watch out for :yahoo::licklips: Keep your queries and updates coming.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back