New led tv suggestion within 60k

soumyajit92

Hey guys, planning to buy a new tv within next month and i can not go beyond 60k (less is preferable).

I did a short google search and have shortlisted these models. It'd be gret if you could suggest me the one i should go with since i am nothing but confused hence seeking your valuable seggestions.

Lg 43uf640t

Lg 42lf6500

Lg 42lf6300

Sony 43w800c

Lg 49lf540a

Or any other im open to suggestions.

My requirements are

1. PQ must be good, im kind of a pixelpeeper.
2. Bigger the better, 3d not necessary
3. Must play all file formats since all my movie/tv shows are downloaded 1080p content. And i am very happy with my existing samsung led tv, can even play hevc no problem at all.
4. Better local diming and motion handling is preferable.

Please advise, at the moment i am evry confused.

Hi

Based on the models / brands you have shortlisted....go to a Vijay Sales / Kohinoor / Croma / EZone / Reliance Digital and see their performance....view the same from the distance you would view at home.....look at the screen in all angles to get an idea of PQ and SQ...also connectivity plays an important role tooo....

Check the prices...warranty is important.....LEDs usually last for 3-5 years of average use......

See what best prices are available online and ask your local dealer to sell at that price...ofcourse ensure that manufacturers warranty is covered ...check this if purchasing online...

All the best

you can get 50inch 4k vu if you into that kind of products. its value for money

Ok guys i did visit a few stores and i've come to this conclusion.

Sony 43w800d Very good picture quality and 120hz but i dont need 3d. A tad expensive for a 1080p tv.

Lg 43uf770t. 4k and 120hz but a little out of budget

Lg 43lf5900 + yamaha yht 196. Decent picture quality 60hz but i can get 5.1 package also if i go with this combination

So now its picture quality vs 4k vs tv+surround package. Which one would be the wisest choice?

Hi

If you don't have a system at home and are getting a TV with it...makes sense...more or less all TVs have the same amount of warranty....unless you are brand conscious as some would like to maintain a status of tags.....most of us look for performance and value for money and hence are not too brand conscious....

Decide ...ensure that manufacturer's warranty is in place...check for any hidden costs...

Yes, i dont have any audio system and that's what making me go for this combo, also 4k at 40 inch doesnt make sense in my opinion.

Now i got a local market quote of 50k for 43lf5900 whereas online price is 45k. So there's around 5k price difference. Is there any problem if i buy lg product online? A friend of mine told me that lg refuses to provide any warranty against online pirchases. And also got 23k quote for yht 196 from reliance digital, online price is 24k.

Hi

Like I said, check if clearly Manufacturer's warranty is mentioned by the online dealer....that's important...not many online sellers offer this and often trustworthy buyers fall prey to such gimmick deals...

Check with another local buyer in the area and tell him that you are getting it cheaper and how much would he give it against a cash deal....with the warranty of course...

All the best

I have very similar requirements as well and I am confused like hell.

Options are (Full HD)-
50 inch VU/Micromax
55 inch VU
48 inch Sony W70C
50 Inch samsung 5100 series

Heart says go with the 55 inch VU TV.
Any issues? Is micromax better in terms of quality and reliability?
Also, Micromax seems to have several models in 50 inch..which one to buy?
Is amazon the best place to buy or flipkart or somewhere else?
I am guessing all these are not SMART TVs..So, I am planning to buy a Chromecast to take care of youtube etc.

Or, stay with the known brands only.
I am getting Sony 48W70C at 55K from grey market.

Please advise. Hope to close soon.

EDIT: Does Micromax and VU TV have digital audio out(optical)? Very important for me

Last edited:
I have very similar requirements as well and I am confused like hell.

Options are (Full HD)-
50 inch VU/Micromax
55 inch VU
48 inch Sony W70C
50 Inch samsung 5100 series

Heart says go with the 55 inch VU TV.
Any issues? Is micromax better in terms of quality and reliability?
Also, Micromax seems to have several models in 50 inch..which one to buy?
Is amazon the best place to buy or flipkart or somewhere else?
I am guessing all these are not SMART TVs..So, I am planning to buy a Chromecast to take care of youtube etc.

Or, stay with the known brands only.
I am getting Sony 48W70C at 55K from grey market.

Please advise. Hope to close soon.

EDIT: Does Micromax and VU TV have digital audio out(optical)? Very important for me

My vote goes for VU 55 inch.. I haven't seen the TV.. But the price is good in Flipkart, purchase extended warranty for 2 yrs and be happy for 3 yrs atleast...

VU has optical out too.. Call them & ask for technical details.

Flipkart always a better place to buy TV under the seller " WS Retail" as you will get 30 days replcemenet policy.. Amazon offers only 10 days.. So take your pick..

Just checked with VU.

The 55 inch model does not provide optical out. Bummer :sad:
It only has a coaxial out (I thought nobody uses coaxial nowadays)

My Marantz AVR doesn't have coaxial in (only optical)
Now, the problem is if I am using the TV to play movies from USB, I can't get the 5.1 DD/DTS sound to the AVR.

I think same with Micromax as well.
Can someone please confirm?

PS - Does the VU and Micromax stuff have HDMI ARC? My AVR supports ARC. So, the problem can be solved I guess.
Please help

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back