NEW LP(reissue) OF HINDI FILM "DEEWANA"

A K Bhattacharjee

Recently I have purchased a lp (reissue vinyl edition) of film " Deewana". Since the first copy had some defects, a fresh one has been sent to me. I observe some common defects in both the lps. Bass is not uniform across all the songs. Although a new record, it skips in some songs.A thorough cleaning skipping has been minimised. Since I have checked with different carts it seems that it may be a pressing issue or handling & packing issue at manufacturing point. Pl share if any one has purchased the new (reissue) vinyl of Deewana.

Hi..AKB
WhatbI feel is these new pressing have no genuine voice...they just got sound..Even stereo seperations are bad...

Recently I have purchased a lp (reissue vinyl edition) of film " Deewana". Since the first copy had some defects, a fresh one has been sent to me. I observe some common defects in both the lps. Bass is not uniform across all the songs. Although a new record, it skips in some songs.A thorough cleaning skipping has been minimised. Since I have checked with different carts it seems that it may be a pressing issue or handling & packing issue at manufacturing point. Pl share if any one has purchased the new (reissue) vinyl of Deewana.

As a kid I remember, my mother presenting my father with a birthday gift. It was the LP of Boney M's Night Flight to Venus. All the excitement of receiving a new LP went up in smoke when while playing the LP, it would skip badly through the "Rasputin" track and only the Rasputin track. Changing carts, etc did not solve the problem. He was using a Garrard SP25 Mk1 with Shure M75-6s. He thought it was a manufacturing defect and went back to the shop with it. The shop guys played it fully both sides on a HMV 1010 turntable and it played perfectly. They also refused to take it back as they had a no returns policy. So after arguing for a while, he brought it back home and kept it as a souvenir. I don't think I recollect him ever playing it again. Many many years later, when I got my Technics SL3200 turntable, I thought of playing it to see what happened. It played perfectly. Went back to the Garrard and it still skipped after all those years. Inference - the Garrard tonearm just could not track that record. I don't have the Garrard SP25 anymore but I still have that Boney M record :)

Pl,Do not buy new lp disc very poor and price high, old is god

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back