New Member alert

RNoronha

Hi Everybody,

Just created an account on this forum as I see a lot of music equipment enthusiasts here. I am a music enthusiast and own a pair of Jamo S 807 speakers driven by a Yamaha R-N602 receiver. My first HiFi set and would like to know what you guys think ?

/RNoronha

Welcome to the forum. That's a decent setup you have. I'm guessing the S807 are forward and punchy in their presentation.

Thank you all, I am still getting used to the speakers but I am thinking of adding a sub-woofer to the setup. Pure-direct mode on the Yamaha brings out the best in them. Quality music format is important and makes a difference in the sound reproduction. Don't know if this is because of the Yamaha or Jamo. Still is experimentation mode.

My first HiFi set and would like to know what you guys think
I think you have done a very good pairing of Yamaha and Jamo.
I paired Denon, Marantz and Cambridge with the Jamo. The Yamaha was the best.
Of course personal preference will be there for others.
Only difference being i used the Yamaha integrated which is a bit better than the receiver.

I think you have done a very good pairing of Yamaha and Jamo.
I paired Denon, Marantz and Cambridge with the Jamo. The Yamaha was the best.
Of course personal preference will be there for others.
Only difference being i used the Yamaha integrated which is a bit better than the receiver.
Thanks. Yes, I was eager to get AS-501 but the dealer said the model is not available in India.

Its not really necessary for you to add a sub for stereo music unless you're a bass freak & depends on the music you listen to.

Its not really necessary for you to add a sub for stereo music unless you're a bass freak & depends on the music you listen to.
Absolutely, bass is adequate for all kinds of music but I am used to listening with a sub. I also feel the speaker opens up more when playing alongside a sub. Hoping to get a good integration between the 2.

Hi Everybody,

Just created an account on this forum as I see a lot of music equipment enthusiasts here. I am a music enthusiast and own a pair of Jamo S 807 speakers driven by a Yamaha R-N602 receiver. My first HiFi set and would like to know what you guys think ?

/RNoronha

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

This is an interesting platform with a lot of members with rich experience and knowledge...all this is reflected in the various posts under different threads......

Happy Browsing....I am sure you will already find answers to the challenges or queries you have around AV.

You have a decent stereo setup....surely sooner or later the Upgrade bug bites us all!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back