New Member from Delhi - Sidharth Trehan

Sidharth Trehan

Gd evening everyone.

I am Sidharth from Delhi. By profession i am employed in Logistics industry.
Also a hobbyist photographer by profession, but taking a break for a while,
thats when Music comes to the rescue. One of my friend Mr. Sanjay Dhawan from Delhi has sent the Audiophile bug my way and well i am enjoying the first bite ...on the pocket that is! :D

Music has been a source to feed the moods since i could fiddle with our philips tuner 1954 make.

What have i been listening to & on what Equipment
In the name of genres i have been come up, not listening to classical or jazz ...but mixed genres & artists like Sting, PM Dawn, Extreme & many pop artists from early 80's till late 90's, Hip-Hop, RnB, Celtic & bit of instrumental ..etc

ok, here comes teh best part .. i shall be moving on from the 4700 watts Sony home theatre system! ...well, hope that gave you some laugh & grains to grin :)

EQUIPMENT
I have been reading reviews on Integrated amps, players, speakers & 5.1 stacks since 2-3 months now and have just picked up Dali 5 (for Audio set up in my bedroom) .. and the reason i joined the forum is to have a few options on amplifiers that i can club with Dali 5 right now.

I will just start a thread in a relevant forum, where you may kindly give your suggestion.

Best wishes

Hi Siddarth,
Welcome to the Forum.
You come well recommended-Sanjay is a dear & respected "audiophile "friend.
As for recc for an Audio setup, you could just listen to Sanjay's setup-its a very nice one, & take it on from there...

Hi,

Sidharth a very warm welcome to this beautiful forum :)! enjoy your stay here !!

Coming to the Sony HTS,Well that did give a good laugh to me :D !! nice way you put it !!

Am also pleased to see you talk bout your tastes and set-up !! Congrats on the new speaker ! hope you have a pleasant time listening to it !

Hmm hobby photography ! well well this forum is filling with folks of this type :p ! I myself Am one such person (can see my photography thread for more details) ! nice to hear bout that aswell !!

Sure please post the quires so that all our fellow members can give some suggestions based on their experience and choice !!

Regards.

Thanks for the warm welcome Kamal bhai & SoundsGreat.

@ kamal bhai
I have just missed out on many warm invitations by Sanjay bhai to listen to his Cyrus setup. Which i shall have to soon, but probably after i make my pick, else i shall just be adding a little more to my aspirins, disprins dosage... for the dizzy novice audiophile head. Picking stuff aint easy at all .. considering everyone wants the best and i somehow have the tendency to shell out every penny for passion ..aah, how i hate it.

see you around :)

Hi Nikhil bhai,
Dali had the subtle outlook n soothing highs + mids that i personally enjoy, than a stern prominence of these attributes in other speaker brands that i auditioned. Also price wise they suited well.

I went for Dali 5 for to listen in my bedroom, but some may go for ikon 6 than ikon 5, considering the price difference and gain in power and driver size.

I found ikon 5 to be my pick everytime that i auditioned them with others. It doesnt hit you in the face at all and does what its supposed to do. Its music to my ears.. and much more. I actually have liked them more than Quad, Boston Acoustics ...some friends may think that i need a hearing aid :p ..but i doubt that shall change anything.

Shall never the less be picking Ikon 6 or 8 for the living room/lounge.

Brgds

Last edited:
Hi Siddharth, welcome to the forum....Good to see another member from Delhi and recommended by Sanjay....We have similar music tastes....I run my Quad 11Ls with a Rotel Integrated...Let me know if you would like to hear the Rotel sound and we can meet up...

Nah Nikhil sir ji nah..
ikon 5 are slim, small n sweet looking mini towers ..if not be termed as towers. And fit very well in my little room (15 x 12)

Got them for 58k. You could get them a little cheaper as well if you get the right contact.

brgs

Hi Siddharth, welcome to the forum....Good to see another member from Delhi and recommended by Sanjay....We have similar music tastes....I run my Quad 11Ls with a Rotel Integrated...Let me know if you would like to hear the Rotel sound and we can meet up...

Hi sir,

Many thanks for the greeting & the invitation extended.
Would certainly love to hear your rack sometime. I think we all in Delhi & around could certainly get together at fellow member's place to have a cup of tea, chat n listen to their hard earned possessions.

I could see that there wasnt a group for members Delhi & NCR, which i just started to have a closer interaction and have a ready database of fellow members in the neighborhood.

You may want to join in as well and share some pictures of your set up too.

Hope to see you soon
Kind Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back