New member need some advise

Tyrone

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyrone and i am new to this forum.
I have been reading post about speakers and amplifiers in this forum for a quiet sometime now and i am not technically good like you guys here.

I am planning to set up a 2.1 system primarily for music and will use the same system for some movies, my current source will be laptop later will get an DVD player. My budget is around 20k.

Tyrone,

Welcome to the Forum. For Music , Best start with Stereo. With 20 K Budget I would suggest to go with Pre-owned route.Or Amplifier in new condition and Speakers are pre owned. In case you are planing to have it for desk top listening, then go for Topping amp and Entry Level Speakers.

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyrone and i am new to this forum.
I have been reading post about speakers and amplifiers in this forum for a quiet sometime now and i am not technically good like you guys here.

I am planning to set up a 2.1 system primarily for music and will use the same system for some movies, my current source will be laptop later will get an DVD player. My budget is around 20k.

Only if you have DVD/CD's consider getting a DVD/CD player... If you have more digital files like mp3 and mkv files, best to use laptop as source itself...

For 20K, hard to get a new Bookshelf speaker + stereo amplifier, so i too would suggest you to consider used components...

Keep 8K max for used stereo amplifier either from forum (or) Olx/Quickr...

Try to source old hi-fi speakers like philips/panasonic/sony/kenwood/aiwa/bpl/sanyo from olx for max 5 K....

Keep 5K for Used USB DAC which will largely dictate/improve your listening experience... You can scout the forum....

Don't worry abt system partnering/pairing @ this stage, do that after sometime when you are able to evaluate your system... Happy hunting..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back