New Projector and Screen

avtar2008

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new projector and screen. The main purpose is to watch movies and OTT on a bigger screen and my budget is a mere 30k for both. My expectation are only as big as my budget, so, I am not looking to spend a lot and I can stretch my budget by another 5 7k if required, nothing more than that.

After doing some research, I have finalised following items:
1. AUN AKEY 6S projector : https://www.amazon.in/AUN-AKEY6S-Sm...r&qid=1609574620&sprefix=aun+a,aps,314&sr=8-3
2. Screen: https://www.amazon.in/TONZOTM-High-...s=projector+16:9+screen&qid=1609574414&sr=8-9

Right now, I watch movies on my 6-year-old Non-smart 40" Samsung TV, and I am happy with its picture quality and if I can achieve that PQ on projector, then that would be enough for me.

I am attaching my house layout. Point to be noted:
1. TV and screen will go on wall label 6ft, with screen covering the TV when pulled down.
2. Max distance at which projector can be placed is 10ft from screen.

Please if these are best items in my budget or I can get something better.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-30 at 5.34.12 PM.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-30 at 5.34.12 PM.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new projector and screen. The main purpose is to watch movies and OTT on a bigger screen and my budget is a mere 30k for both. My expectation are only as big as my budget, so, I am not looking to spend a lot and I can stretch my budget by another 5 7k if required, nothing more than that.

After doing some research, I have finalised following items:
1. AUN AKEY 6S projector : https://www.amazon.in/AUN-AKEY6S-Smart-Projector-Lumens/dp/B08DN7XRWM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=22UVR8S7SHGM9&dchild=1&keywords=aun+akey6s+projector&qid=1609574620&sprefix=aun+a,aps,314&sr=8-3
2. Screen: https://www.amazon.in/TONZOTM-High-Gain-Projector-Screen/dp/B08P3962JC/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=projector+16:9+screen&qid=1609574414&sr=8-9

Right now, I watch movies on my 6-year-old Non-smart 40" Samsung TV, and I am happy with its picture quality and if I can achieve that PQ on projector, then that would be enough for me.

I am attaching my house layout. Point to be noted:
1. TV and screen will go on wall label 6ft, with screen covering the TV when pulled down.
2. Max distance at which projector can be placed is 10ft from screen.

Please if these are best items in my budget or I can get something better.
Hi... I have AUN AKEY6 for sale, 8 months old. PM me if interested. I have upgraded to 4k projector.

I am also using the AUN AKEY projector (not the android version). I think you will save little bit doing the same and getting a firetv stick that will have better app support and software updates.
To get 120inch from AUN AKEY, you need to be about 15 feet away from the screen , so please so take that into consideration.
The only other problem I have with the projector is if you keep it at an angle, you will need to use keystone correction and that would will lead to projector not focussing on the corners. I think thats the price you pay going for a cheap projector. But if you keep ot flat, it has good focus allover.
But I enjoy my viewing session with the projector. Especially dark scene look so much better compared to my VU 4k premium tv.

If you go the used route, I am guessing used FHD from Epson if you are into LCD or DLP ones from Optoma/Benq should be in the 20-25k range. Get the screen cloth and build a screen frame in 4-5k and you will be done.

If you go the used route, I am guessing used FHD from Epson if you are into LCD or DLP ones from Optoma/Benq should be in the 20-25k range. Get the screen cloth and build a screen frame in 4-5k and you will be done.
would highly recommend this
i picked up a new Egate projector then went to a used Epson projector (full HD) and the difference is night and day

i okay with used route since Initially i am looking for a pj just for trial purpose, before I invest in a premium one.

I am planning to make this purchase in march and till then doing my research about various available models.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back