New Range Aviano - Mordaunt Short

micjak77

Hey Folks,

Mordaunt Short has just launched their new line up Aviano. I have been a sucker from MS products and always wanted to own a pair of Floor standers. My surrounds and center are already MS. So just thinking if anyone has been able to audition these here in India and what price range do these fall.

Aviano / Products / Mordaunt Short

I have been drooling over these ever since I saw their pictures. MS says these are positioned between the budget end Avant and Mezzo series. So I am hoping that these might be affordable.

Anyone got any info on these...............

Wow , These speakers look quite similar to the Mezzo series.
The tweeter arrangement looks different as well as the bass reflex.I think it's now in the rear.But overall it looks Muscular.
Very tempting:licklips: Aviano
1430303ffgt.jpg

Mezzo
mordaunt-short-mezzo.jpg

:thumbsup:
Sam

Last edited:
looks like a cross between the Avant and the Mezzo series. Interesting.

Wow , These speakers look quite similar to the Mezzo series.
The tweeter arrangement looks different as well as the bass reflex.I think it's now in the rear.But overall it looks Muscular.
Very tempting:licklips: Aviano
1430303ffgt.jpg

Mezzo
mordaunt-short-mezzo.jpg

:thumbsup:
Sam

Hai All,

From the website it seems is being launched in September.

Thanks,

N Murali.

You are right Murali, I called uo FX entertainment Chennai and was told that this model will be come available only towards end of July. Cant wait!

Info to share, Mordaunt Short Aviano series and CA One integrated CDP were launched here at Chennai on 18th July 09(I am not sure it is all India or South launch) . The first stock of Aviano will be available from Sep 09 onwards and understood to be priced very close to Mezzo range. Also (I wonder how far it is true) , that Avant series will be available till stocks last and will be phased out in favor of Aviano series.

I heard from one of the dealer after launch that Aviano is really smart and cute in looks and great in performance too. But they had doubts on whether it will really be as VFM as Avant due to higher pricing.

ANyway we need to wait-n-watch till it is available for demo.

Info to share, Mordaunt Short Aviano series and CA One integrated CDP were launched here at Chennai on 18th July 09(I am not sure it is all India or South launch) . The first stock of Aviano will be available from Sep 09 onwards and understood to be priced very close to Mezzo range. Also (I wonder how far it is true) , that Avant series will be available till stocks last and will be phased out in favor of Aviano series.

Which means that some great deals may soon be available on the Avant Series! Not bad at all, because in the price range of Mezzo a lot of other worthy established options will be available.

AVANT + MEZZO = AVIANO
MEZZO + AVANT = MEZZANT:lol::eek:hyeah::D

just kiddin...

Do you remember the old moped Luna 50cc? Well they are collaborating with Kinetic motors to launch a new moped. Guess the name .... ? :)

Kinetic + Luna == Lunatic 50cc :D

Kust kidding too :lol:

Cheers

Do you remember the old moped Luna 50cc? Well they are collaborating with Kinetic motors to launch a new moped. Guess the name .... ? :)

Kinetic + Luna == Lunatic 50cc :D

Kust kidding too :lol:

Cheers

Gobble .. we seem to be from an vintage era..
my friends etc used to use Luna at that time....... now u hardly see it.
My generation has seen two wheelers from the the Lambretta, to Bajaj Chetak to Luna to the present Kinetic and Honda Aviator..

The Lambretta :
Lambretta150LD.jpg

The Luna :
kinetic-luna.jpg

The Chetak:
chetak3.jpg

The Honda Aviator :
honda_aviator_04.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back