New Samsung LED TV series..

hehe, i on the other hand am a korean fan....i drive a hyundai, watch a samsung plasma, have a samsung refrigerator etc., and i enjoy eating at Kyungbokgong (the Korean restaraurant near my office). I have heard about their LCD "lottery" though :).

I managed to do a side by side comparison of my Samsung and the PV8 in Thailand, must say that i preferred the samsung although the difference was small, mainly in colour reproduction (skin tones) and some detail retrieval, but then i also probably sufferred from ownership bias :). the prices in thailand were mouth watering, my plasma was 38k INR equivalent, and the PV8 was 40k INR equivalent.

I saw the Samsung LED backlit TVs as well...superb....the brightness was excellent, as was the "dynamic contrast"....and the image really had "pop", although in terms of colour reproduction or detail, there wasn't much to pick with normal LCDs.

I also managed to compare my samsung plasma with a samsung 4-series LCD of 40", this was a no contest, the plasma was superior in pretty much every regard.

I used to like Samsung, used a lot of their mobiles at one time but exactly after the warranty period the mobile would break down. This happened to 4 mobiles and all expensive ones and 4 is way too many for there to be a coincidence. From when I came to know about the Samsung LCD panel lottery I lost all respect for it as a company and totally avoid all Korean products.

Even my 570 Litre Samsung refrigerator has been silently withstanding all abuse for the last 5 years; without any complaints. So I have nothing against their products. I am just surprised at the way their marketing strategy for 'LED TVs' is succeeding. Even introduction of LCD TVs did not create as much buzz as this change in back lighting technique.

Thanks,
Sharad

that i attribute to the slimness and the brightness......these sets look drop dead gorgeous in the stores.....so i am not surprised that the general public is happily fooled into thinking this is a new display technology.

Even my 570 Litre Samsung refrigerator has been silently withstanding all abuse for the last 5 years; without any complaints. So I have nothing against their products. I am just surprised at the way their marketing strategy for 'LED TVs' is succeeding. Even introduction of LCD TVs did not create as much buzz as this change in back lighting technique.

Thanks,
Sharad

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back