New Stereo system - your opinion please

raaj74

Hi HiFiVision family. I am new here.

I am in the process of making a new stereo system, capable of streaming, connecting with bluetooth and connecting with TV. My source will be mostly DVD or CD player other than bluetooth and wireless streaming sites

My budget is around INR 100K and I want to spend well meticulously! I tend to like a little heavy on bass and overall bright sound. I will keep a provision of a sub in future - I keep it for your suggestion.

After a survey, I have now landed upon the following

Amp - Yamaha R-N602
Speaker LR - Q Acoustics 3050i
Sub - Please suggest if required

I want to know your opinion about -

1. The signature of the said combination
2. Is there anything better that I am missing for a few thousands?
3. If I go for a sub in future, first - is it required? If yes, what do you suggest with a tight budget?

Thank you for your help

Amp - Yamaha R-N602

3. If I go for a sub in future, first - is it required? If yes, what do you suggest with a tight budget?

Welcome to Hifivision !

Within your budget, Yamaha R-N602 makes perfect sense as it comes with all bells and whistles which your looking for.
Coming to your choice of Q Acoustics 3050i, it will certainly pair well with Yamaha, however at that price i would suggest look for 3-Way floor standing speakers as it would give you move detailed sound staging listing in stereo setup. Few other 3-ways FS you could look at.

Elac Debut Reference DBR52 ( New don't think still available in India yet, but will be worth waiting )
Mission LX-5
JBL stage A190
Wharfedale Diamond 240

With 3-way FS you get dedicated woofer drivers, which will eliminate the need for separate subwoofer unless you are crazy bass monkey :p

Cheers,

Arcam A39 amp if available for 70K (+ shipping), with original, bill, box, and accessories. In pristine condition.

I am in the process of making a new stereo system, capable of streaming, connecting with bluetooth and connecting with TV. My source will be mostly DVD or CD player other than bluetooth and wireless streaming sites

My budget is around INR 100K and I want to spend well meticulously! I tend to like a little heavy on bass and overall bright sound. I will keep a provision of a sub in future - I keep it for your suggestion.

Amp - Yamaha R-N602

Thank you for your help

QAcoustics speakers seem to be the most popular here on the forum. No doubt they are great all-rounders in that price range. But if one has specific sound preferences (like you), one should also be looking at speakers that do that well. Since you are going for a sub, and like bright sound, do also assess Klipsch.

Also Look at the Denon DRA 800H...its a good option too...will need to pair with warmer sounding speakers else a subwoofer will be needed.

You are right. But that is not available in Amazon, neither in Hifimart yet. Not to mention it costs about 10K more than 602

Also Look at the Denon DRA 800H...its a good option too...will need to pair with warmer sounding speakers else a subwoofer will be needed.

QAcoustics speakers seem to be the most popular here on the forum. No doubt they are great all-rounders in that price range. But if one has specific sound preferences (like you), one should also be looking at speakers that do that well. Since you are going for a sub, and like bright sound, do also assess Klipsch.

I dont think I am going for a sub, unless it is abosolutely needed because of lack of it from 3050i. However, I asked about - does a general listener would be satisfied by the bass generated by 3050i! Thank you for your options pal.

I agree and I would! Thank you.

Amp - Yamaha R-N602

Thank you for your help

If you inclined towards Yamaha R-N602. Then check for Klipsch R-620F, they will be in your budget and you will not miss the subwoofer.

Better decide and buy the amp first and then take your amp to audition the speakers you shortlist. This is the best way to do it according to me.

If you inclined towards Yamaha R-N602. Then check for Klipsch R-620F, they will be in your budget and you will not miss the subwoofer.

Better decide and buy the amp first and then take your amp to audition the speakers you shortlist. This is the best way to do it according to me.

I would have loved to! But, the place where I live, there is no choice to audition, specially in these times! Feeling extremely helpless!

You are right. But that is not available in Amazon, neither in Hifimart yet. Not to mention it costs about 10K more than 602
Call Hifimart and ask when it might be in stock. The deal I got from them at that time for the Denon DRA800H is lower than the price published on the page.

Call Hifimart and ask when it might be in stock. The deal I got from them at that time for the Denon DRA800H is lower than the price published on the page.
I did! I was told that it is difficult to predict when it will be in stock! The rate is best among all the online shops - I agree. Do you know of any other online shops beside Audiomaxx, AVStore, Ooberpad and ProFX?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back