New Technics cartridge

Trayderji

Hi guys.

I am thinking of buying this technics cartridge. One of the dealer in delhi is selling this for 2k, is it worth buy.
This is 1/2 inch cartridge and is suppose to fit in my cosmic BD2000 player. Is it worth buying

Correction: It is AUDIO TECHNICA.. AT3600L Model

IMG-20211227-WA0022.jpgIMG-20211227-WA0038.jpgIMG-20211227-WA0024.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys.

I am thinking of buying this technics cartridge. One of the dealer in delhi is selling this for 2k, is it worth buy.
This is 1/2 inch cartridge and is suppose to fit in my cosmic BD2000 player. Is it worth buying

Correction: It is AUDIO TECHNICA.. AT3600L Model

View attachment 65647View attachment 65648View attachment 65649
This cart is also available online in different sellers websites. Price is around 2k what you have mentioned. But remember that Audio technica cart comes in original packaging. Therefore make yourself sure that it is original before buying. One thing more you won't find even the original replacement stylus at this price.

This cart is also available online in different sellers websites. Price is around 2k what you have mentioned. But remember that Audio technica cart comes in original packaging. Therefore make yourself sure that it is original before buying. One thing more you won't find even the original replacement stylus at this price.
Hi AK ji

I dont think it would be originial it is made in china product, if u have any buying link for original please do share, i will be grateful.
Also if it is china made is it work buying will it give good performance(maybe not best)

I think the AT 3600L is legit - they have started showing up cheap on ecom websites and there is a large thread on AK where most people who bought it have found it to indistinguishable from an original AT stylus. I have had the same experience. The only caveat is that the tracking weight is a bit high for the 3600L as opposed to the regular 3600

Hi AK ji

I dont think it would be originial it is made in china product, if u have any buying link for original please do share, i will be grateful.
Also if it is china made is it work buying will it give good performance(maybe not best)
See, AT3600L is available in both versions Japanese as well as made in China. What made me to suggest you is the photograph you uploaded. The cart is not in the Audio Technica box. Whatever version you buy, will come in proper packaging. I have purchased all my carts whether expensive or cheaper it is from Amazon.In/com. Hence all came in original packets/boxes. One thing to be noted here that those are sold & shipped by Amazon themselves & not by any seller on Amazon.
Now coming to your second query, these AT 3600L, what you are referring to are bulk products manufactured in China. It may be by AT Or under license from AT. These are for bulk purchase & for low cost tt manufacturers(this is based on an article recently I have gone through). You can purchase the available cart also. Give it a try.

Hi. Absolutely correct. The AT3600L with its 'carbonfibre' cantilever is one of the most popular carts today. It is OE on many lower cost tt like AT Lp-60, Denon Dp 29f and many others. It tracks a bit heavy at 2.5-3.5 g. Sounds very nice for the cost. Now manufactured in China, as per reports. However, AT also manufactured,till recently, lighter tracking versions of the cart, like AT91&91R, CN 2565 and AT 3600. Conical styli is used but LP Gear and others sell upgraded stylii.
So while installing this cart, do set VTF and anti skate accordingly.
I own a Japanese version of this, with both the lighter& heavier tracking stylus. It sounds very good, and is fairly forgiving of surface noise.
I also see a "Technics" branded headshell in the above photos. The original are very expensive. Do check out very carefully.

Following up on my earlier reply (Can't edit it )

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back