Newbie from Chennai with absolutely no knowledge in speakers.

samgnanamuthu

Dear Brothers,

Just taking my baby steps into the world for HiFi AV. Been listening to my music through headphones all my life. Looking to build a solid HT setup for my bedroom which will be used for (60:40) Music:Movies.

Room size: 12X14 Ft
Media player: Firestick 4K
TV: 42 inch TCL
Budget: 1.2L to 1.5L

Looking to start with 2 Floorstanders and a center speaker. Will complete with surround and a sub later. I am not interested in extending beyond 5.1. My priority is music and Movies/Serials for the Mrs.
I've auditioned Q Acoustics 3050 and Dali Oberon 5 in Max-Hometheatre, Chennai. Dali was better for me but didn't completely satisfy me. I am a Rock aficionado with a big ear for Guitar.

Thanks for the stories. Happy to find this forum. All your stories are amazing.

welcome to hvf. Would suggest to look for bookshelf, centre and sub to start with. Bookshelf would be better for small rooms.

Look in to Sonodyne Sonus series FS speakers , you will be able to complete 5.1 setup within your budget. It's very good for Movies /Music.

Excluding AVR in the price.

This thread is meant for enthusiasts to form an idea and have a basic understanding :

This video will help you get started with what all HT option you got and give you a starting point to continue research.

Thank you @rksingh1. I do follow your channel and watched pretty much all your videos including your upgrade to 2.0. LOL.
I will try to audition as much as possible and find the right combination to start with. Even if it meant just 2 Floorstanders and AVR.

Dear Brothers,

Just taking my baby steps into the world for HiFi AV. Been listening to my music through headphones all my life. Looking to build a solid HT setup for my bedroom which will be used for (60:40) Music:Movies.

Room size: 12X14 Ft
Media player: Firestick 4K
TV: 42 inch TCL
Budget: 1.2L to 1.5L

Looking to start with 2 Floorstanders and a center speaker. Will complete with surround and a sub later. I am not interested in extending beyond 5.1. My priority is music and Movies/Serials for the Mrs.
I've auditioned Q Acoustics 3050 and Dali Oberon 5 in Max-Hometheatre, Chennai. Dali was better for me but didn't completely satisfy me. I am a Rock aficionado with a big ear for Guitar.

Thanks for the stories. Happy to find this forum. All your stories are amazing.

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find most of the answers to your queries or challenges related to AV in the knowledge rich threads we have on this excellent website. Please browse the various sections.

Looking forward to engaging with you in the near future.

Best Wishes

Thank you all. I've finally decided to go with IndiqAudio platinum 5.1 and Denon x2600h. Will post my experience once I get them delivered.
Many Congratulations.
I am sure it will come out as very good decision. Can you please share the configuration of 5.1.
Please give me them atleast 10 days burning time.
I am currently enjoying Platinum Achal Towers and very much satisfied with the performance.

Many Congratulations.
I am sure it will come out as very good decision. Can you please share the configuration of 5.1.
Please give me them atleast 10 days burning time.
I am currently enjoying Platinum Achal Towers and very much satisfied with the performance.
+ 1 from me!

Dear Brothers,

Thanks for all the guidance and help. With your help I bought a wonderful HT for my bedroom. Let me share my experience after 2 weeks of Quality time with my new setup.

My setup:
Denon X2600H AVR.
IndiqAudio Platinum Achal 5.0
Firestick 4K
Vertex Servo Stab 5KVA

Buying experience:

Thanks to FM @Prodigy experience with Achal speakers and his videos, I decided on IndiqAudio. This decision is made without an audition. When I contacted Amit, he offered a 15 day return option with no questions which was great option for me. Even though I was a novice, Amit explained every little detail about the speakers and asked right questions to understand my requirement. He also helped me to buy an AVR which was just 3 months old from an FM. (Support from that FM amazing and requires a separate post).

He delivered the speakers on time and his dedication was something I haven't witnessed in a long time.

Speakers: Movies
I bought the setup mainly for my wife to watch movies and serials. The moment I calibrated and played the movie 'Mad Max: Fury Road' I was acquitted from all my crimes :). The movie experience absolutely justified the money and time I've spent for this. I absolutely loved the way some of the old movies sounded in this setup. We have watched ' Saving Private Ryan' and 'Full metal Jacket' and it is a completely new experience as we never watched those movies in theatre before. Now re-watching movies is an amazing experience. Even some of the movies in Stereo sounded amazing.

Speakers : Music

Initially I thought I will upgrade soon with an amplifier also for my music but the music from the FL Achals are amazing. I am just using Spotify, Amazon music to listen to my music and it was amazing. Believe me I haven't even crossed 55% volume in my AVR. I was using my headsets to listen to all my music and some of the dealers here where I auditioned told me that I may have to spend a lot to get the kind of sound I get from my headsets. Absolutely not.

I am absolutely loving the work of an Indian team who are passionate about what they are doing. One of a very satisfying decision I've made. Worth every singly money I've spent and more.

Will provide an update after six months.

Thanks once again for the support provided here. Amazing forum and amazing people. Respect.

Get the Elac F6.2 floorstands. They are amazing. You may not need a sub for mucis with these speakers. For AVR, you can look into Denon 1600 or 2700 models.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back