Newbie to Sound system needs advise on buying AV and Speakers

yourlastdate

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I am also new to AV & Speakers stuff. Although I am planning since 2 months to buy a new Audio system but don't know which one to buy for my house.

I am in Mumbai and looking for a good AV receiver and also for Speakers (satellite) that would match to give the optimum sound results in both Movie and Music experience.

Can anyone please suggest and let me know which system should I go for? Price range is around 35K.

Also, I am planning to buy a new LCD TV. You are welcome to suggest me on that too...

Thanks.

for 35 k u can go for stage one HTIB's (philips,onkyo,yamaha,denon) from 19k to 30k.
else u can go for floorstanders/BS+ amp

however first of all..
listening area ?
dimensions ?
type of music u listen 2 ?
and any specific thing u looking from ur speakers ?

these are basics things we wud need to help and lets wait for the gurus to respond with more options.

Check the Canton 60 and 80 sattelite packages @ Soundsmith.
Pretty good for music though the woofer is a lil bit weak for movies

Thanks for your replies Experts...

I was considering Yamaha first, but then heard of other speakers and got totally confused as to what will be the best.

Is there any considerations for AV receivers and speakers like for eg. Can i go for speakers from different company and receiver from another? if its so, then where can I learn this kind of combination? You can even suggest me a QUALITY shop to where I should go for buying a good system.

you have to tell few things as theironhorce asked few in his post:
your usage : music/movie ratio?
Room size?
Budget 35K
taste of music: rock..jazz............. hindi...english.......?
than only you will get the right advice in right direction.

Yes you can get amp and speakers from different companies.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back