News from LG World Records!

LGWRSherlock

Hi guys, LG WRman Sherlock here,

This will be the space for LG World Record news. It could be about anything related to LG and its products so feel free to post and discuss anything you like :D

Here's a great news for wine enthusiast. LG has just created probably the first smart wine fridge that can scan the bottle's label and give you relevant data on the wine.

LG patents smart kiosk for wine cellars, creates a sommelier's best friend

lgwinepatent.jpg

That LG would make a wine refrigerator should come as no shock. This is, after all, the same company that made a smartphone-controlled oven. But, as a recently surfaced patent can attest, it appears the Korean electronics giant may have more than cooling soured grapes on its mind. The USPTO filing, which dates back to December of 2009, describes a ""mobile terminal"" (think: portable kiosk) outfitted with a camera that's capable of scanning wine labels, matching them to a database and then delivering any relevant data. Sounds like a handy tool for those one-percenters with an ever-expanding cellar or, more practically, to help professional boozehounds sommeliers at highfalutin restaurants keep their inventory in order. Whatever the case, we're pretty sure Jack Donaghy approves. Hit up the source below to sift through the legalese for yourself.

Source: LG patents smart kiosk for wine cellars, creates a sommelier's best friend

Hey avmaxfan, take a wild guess :D. Since my handle name is Sherlock, I'd like to keep things in a bit of mystery :D All I can say is this: I spend most of my time in India, but my job requires me to travel all over the world, so yes, sometimes I'm in Korea. So I consider myself more of an international kid rather than defined by any national boundaries :D!

And the fridge does look cool, doesn't it!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi guys, when there's any news on the OLED TV release in India, I'll definitely update it here. So don't worry and keep a look out!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

The LG Optimus G has reached 1 million sales worldwide. Another great milestone for this awesome LG smartphone! Here is the full article. The Optimus G is expected to launch in India later this month so keep a lookout, guys!

You can discuss the upcoming LG Optimus G and other mobile products on our sub-forum for phones here: https://www.lgwrforum.com/vbforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?20-Mobile.

LG Optimus G sales hit 1 million worldwide

optimus-g-sales-1358548920.jpg

LG proved with the Optimus G that it can produce a smartphone that stacks up with the best of 'em, and according to the company's newly released sales figures, consumers are starting to take notice. As it stands, more than 1 million Optimus G's have been sold since the handset's September debut. While the figure pales in comparison to heavyweights like the Galaxy S III and iPhone 5, that's not too shabby for a phone that's only been available in North America since November. Given the similarities between the Optimus G and the Nexus 4, we're quite curious to know how sales of the two smartphones compare, but Google's currently keeping those numbers close to its chest. That said, there's little doubt that LG currently has its hands full at the production line.

Source: LG Optimus G sales hit 1 million worldwide

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Is there any plan to launch Optimus G Pro in India?

Yes, the LG Optimus G Pro will most likely launch in India; however, I am not sure when. It is currently out in Korea, and the international launch is slated for May. However, LG never mentioned which countries it will eventually launch to, so we will have to wait and see!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back