nneed a entry level htib for wd player and xbox

anshu22

Hi

newbie here. i have a wd hd live and a xbox 360. looking for a budget htib to enjoy 5.1 dolby and dts from these two sources mentioned.

i have searched the forums and am confused between the avr based htib and the dvd htib systems.

my question is.. do the dvd htibs take optical in from external sources like avrs do? some models say they have optical in but i want to know from people whether they will take audio in from a wd player or xbox 360 and can process the 5.1 audio?

its just that avrs are very bulky and all i want is 5.1 decoding from the wd live and xbox.

from people who are using wd live players... what htibs are you using and would recommend?

Hi

newbie here. i have a wd hd live and a xbox 360. looking for a budget htib to enjoy 5.1 dolby and dts from these two sources mentioned.

i have searched the forums and am confused between the avr based htib and the dvd htib systems.

my question is.. do the dvd htibs take optical in from external sources like avrs do? some models say they have optical in but i want to know from people whether they will take audio in from a wd player or xbox 360 and can process the 5.1 audio?

its just that avrs are very bulky and all i want is 5.1 decoding from the wd live and xbox.

from people who are using wd live players... what htibs are you using and would recommend?

Very few HTIB come with Optical In ..also some philips has Co-Axial Ins and you need to buy optical to co axial converter which you may have to import

anyway if you happen to know any htibs with optical input then pls put it on forum ,with exact model number and preferabaly internet links ,we can evaluatre it from specs

Now my suggestions
1) Logitec Z-5500 .....10 Inch Sub,5.1,with DTS ,DD and OPTICAL and Co=ax in ,around 18-20 K
2) See if you get Used HTIB with AVR ,in mumbai you sometimes get it for 10-15K
3) On some tech forums Z 5500 is availbe used ,try it
4) Creative and others may have/had something like Z 5500 check these links

Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700 vs. DTT 3500

Creative Decoder DDTS-100 Review - Gear Review at IGN

may not available india ,first study and proceed..

anyway check ads on our forum ,and please spcify your budget and constraints

go ahead with a logitech z-5500.. i got a pair of these as well as i own an onkyo 3100..

if u lookin to play from wd -tv get urself a logi... onboard dts and dolby decoding..

got logi for 17,500 (optical /coax cable -- 350)

onkyo 19,000

and onkyo being 5.1 and driven by a seperate avr.. does not beats logi by any chance trust me.. good for movies.. however gaming and music..logitech can take the s**t outta it and its thx..

onkyo highs are not clear.. however both are vfm..

thanks for the replies guys. well my main listening will be limited to movies and games. i rarely listen to music. max i can spend is 25k

@ironhorse...dude great to know you have both. so music is not my concern.
1. which one is better for movies first and then games?

2. are the surround speaker wires long enough for a 10 ft X 10 feet room?

3. how many optical and coaxial inputs can the logi take

4. i dont plan to listen to movies and games at high volumes. just looking for clarity and true 5.1 surround sound. how is the performance of both at medium to low volumes?

With Onkyo,you get more options & connections.It starts from Rs.25k as MRP.
Onkyo is better for movies.

ironhorse or anyone who has experienced both onkyo entry level and z5500?

thanks for the replies guys. well my main listening will be limited to movies and games. i rarely listen to music. max i can spend is 25k

@ironhorse...dude great to know you have both. so music is not my concern.
1. which one is better for movies first and then games?

2. are the surround speaker wires long enough for a 10 ft X 10 feet room?

3. how many optical and coaxial inputs can the logi take

4. i dont plan to listen to movies and games at high volumes. just looking for clarity and true 5.1 surround sound. how is the performance of both at medium to low volumes?

Hi

you can go for onkyo its best upon you budget you can select your model.
Change the speaker wire if you need to run long.

If the budget is <15K, then I would suggest you to go for Philips HTS 3571. Its arnd 15K or less and sound effect is also worth it. you could check the reviews of this model in our forum. it has all the necessary connections both in/out.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back