No audio from Denon AVR

forever.pramod

I own a Denon X2000 AVR 10 months old. It's the 2nd time I faced same issue.

One morning I just turned on my AVR, video was fine, but no audio from any of the speakers. Tried different sources like setup box, USB (ipod) and pure direct mode, but no luck. Googled few of the forums and got to know, it happens because of dust particles entered into headphone jack. Tried cleaning the jack and plug IN and Outing a headphone, but nothing happened, when I tried to unplug all the speaker cables, while unplugging the Sub cable from AVR, it started playing, (I know I should do it after turing off the AVR, but I was making expriment) It's weird. couldnt identify the reason of issue. After 1-2 months once again the same issue happened, this time I made the same experiment but it didn't resolve. Just wanted to put an USB drive, and it started playing. I think the USB drive and Sub out cable has nothing to do with it, but still unsure about the issue.

Has anyone faced this type of issue? I do have 2 months of warranty left, so what should I do? My AVR is fine now, but I am worried for future.

Must immediately show upto the service centre and write the experience to Denon headquarter. Without proper documentation you wont get a winning resolution.

Since two months of warranty is left, report this IMMEDIATELY to Denon. And please WRITE an email so that your complaint is documented otherwise chances are high that they will try to drag the matter for couple of months so that your warranty expires... and they you might have to pay almost 50% or more of the original cost of the avr for repair/ servicing.

So please WRITE a complaint at the earliest.

I own a Denon X2000 AVR 10 months old. It's the 2nd time I faced same issue.

One morning I just turned on my AVR, video was fine, but no audio from any of the speakers. Tried different sources like setup box, USB (ipod) and pure direct mode, but no luck. Googled few of the forums and got to know, it happens because of dust particles entered into headphone jack. Tried cleaning the jack and plug IN and Outing a headphone, but nothing happened, when I tried to unplug all the speaker cables, while unplugging the Sub cable from AVR, it started playing, (I know I should do it after turing off the AVR, but I was making expriment) It's weird. couldnt identify the reason of issue. After 1-2 months once again the same issue happened, this time I made the same experiment but it didn't resolve. Just wanted to put an USB drive, and it started playing. I think the USB drive and Sub out cable has nothing to do with it, but still unsure about the issue.

Has anyone faced this type of issue? I do have 2 months of warranty left, so what should I do? My AVR is fine now, but I am worried for future.

----------------------------------------------------------
Do you keep your AVR on 'stand-by' mode for long time, without actually turning it off, after completing your AV session? If yes, I would request you, not to do so.

You may try firmware update from Denon Firmware/Changelog Download

Do you keep your AVR on 'stand-by' mode for long time, without actually turning it off, after completing your AV session? If yes, I would request you, not to do so.

You may try firmware update from Denon Firmware/Changelog Download

I keep it on 'stand-by' mode, but not for long time, max 1 hour in average in a day, when I want to use HDMI passthrough function not needing the AVR turn on while watching TV.

@forever.pramod:
A very simple thing that may help you.
Have you tried a factory reset for the audio settings of AVR?
Or a complete reset of the settings of AVR?

@forever.pramod:
A very simple thing that may help you.
Have you tried a factory reset for the audio settings of AVR?
Or a complete reset of the settings of AVR?

I talked to the service center and did the factory reset (Hard Reset) 2 days ago and will wait for another one month for the same issue persists.

It would be great if you can elaborate what could be the issue if we keep the AVR in standby mode for long? Why this should cause a no audio problem stated by OP?
Since the HDMI Passthrough function is available in most of the AVRs, for normal TV watching AVR has to be standby mode right? ( When everything connected to AVR and AVR HDMI OUT going to TV )

It would be great if you can elaborate what could be the issue if we keep the AVR in standby mode for long? Why this should cause a no audio problem stated by OP?
Since the HDMI Passthrough function is available in most of the AVRs, for normal TV watching AVR has to be standby mode right? ( When everything connected to AVR and AVR HDMI OUT going to TV )

Support this question. Because if this is the reason, then why AVR does have this HDMI Passthrough functionality.

Back