No Dolby-Dts sound effects - Panasonic DMP-BD77 Blu Ray Player

u.sandeep

Hi All,

I have a small issue with the Audio output of my Panasonic DMP-77 series Blu Ray player. I'm not getting the Dolby-DTS effect on my home theater system when I play a blu-ray or a DVD using the
Panasonic DMP-BD77 blu ray player.

Blu-Ray Player - Panasonic DMP-BD77
Home Theater System - Onkyo HT-R340
TV- Panasonic UT50

Connection/Set Up -

Connected the Blu-Ray Player to TV using a HDMI cable. Then Audio Out of the TV is connected to the Onkyo Receiver using an Optical cable. The blu Ray audio is passed to the TV and from the TV to the Home Theater via a optical connection

When I play a Blu-Ray disk with a Dolby-DTS content, I guess the Blu Ray player does not pass the same signal. Meaning that the Onkyo receiver does not receive the Dolby-Dts audio. This is the case when I play a DVD as well. On my Philips DVD player, if I play a Dolby-DTs content, the Onkyo system recognizes the Dolby-Dts audio. signal and I get a Dolby-DTs 5.1 surround sound. If I play the same DVD on the bluray player, I do not get the Dolby-DTs surround sound.

When I try the Dolby-DTs content with the blu ray player i see "96khz/24bit" or the Stereo mode on my Onkyo display unit. Is there any setting for that need to be changed on the Panasonic DMP-BD77 Blu Ray player so that I could enjoy the Dobly-DTS audio.

Thanks in Advance,
Sandeep

Hi All,

Connection/Set Up -

Connected the Blu-Ray Player to TV using a HDMI cable. Then Audio Out of the TV is connected to the Onkyo Receiver using an Optical cable. The blu Ray audio is passed to the TV and from the TV to the Home Theater via a optical connection
Thanks in Advance,
Sandeep

Here is the problem. you should connect as following > Bluray Player HDMI out > Onkyo HDMI IN > ONKYO HDMI OUT TO TV HDMI IN.

You should bypass the audio signal through TV.

TV is the culprit here. It won't pass dts and dolby 5.1 signals. Connect the bdp directly to receiver if your avr has hdmi input. You can also use coaxial or optical out of bdp to avr.

your panasonic player..is there any option it will send video via hdmi and audio via spdif.....??
if yes you connect from pana to onlkyo directly..

if no..

your tv seemes downscaling...

so you need this
AV + HDMI TO HDMI Converter 720P/1080P Conversion NTSC TO PAL + Coaxial Output | eBay
hdmi to spdif converter...
and
this
HDMI 1 In to 2 Out Splitter Amplifier for Dual Display Full HD | eBay
a hdmi switch

from switch one signal goes into tv and another into the converter--from there spdif to onkyo spdif....

Folks I think his receiver doesn't have hdmi In/Out. Sandeep try connecting the Op cable to Receiver may be you ill have the voice syncing problem but u can adjust it with b player

Folks I think his receiver doesn't have hdmi In/Out. Sandeep try connecting the Op cable to Receiver may be you ill have the voice syncing problem but u can adjust it with b player

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom. I have my BDP's optical out connected to my AVR since it does not have HDMI input and noticed that audio was out of sync on quite a few of the BD's. It was driving me nuts.

I will go hunt for the setting on the BDP, if mine(Panasonic BDT-220) has it, that will allow for adjusting the video to the audio.

Back