No HDMI EARC

Sanchitpkl

Hello everyone,

I had purchased a LG 65” UM7300 this year and currently planning to build a 5.1/7.2 HT setup.
However, I got to know today that my TV doesn’t have a HDMI EARC. Can someone please help me understand what implications could this have?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I had purchased a LG 65” UM7300 this year and currently planning to build a 5.1/7.2 HT setup.
However, I got to know today that my TV doesn’t have a HDMI EARC. Can someone please help me understand what implications could this have?

Thanks in advance.
EARC is required to transmit the Dolby True HD encoded audio content from your TV to AVR over HDMI. TrueHD is used to encode the audio of the BlueRay DVD/Console Games. As far as streaming is concerned, most of the world is still on DD+ and regular ARC can easily handle DD+. So, practically you have nothing to worry about unless you are a console gamer. You can still play the TrueHD from Blue Ray DVD by connecting the DVD player directly to the AVR instead of the TV.

Check if it has ARC (if not eARC). If you have ARC, you can pass DD, DD+, PCM stereo from TV to AVR.

all streaming services stream atmos over DD+ only not on truhd due to bandwidth required.
yes u can stream DD+/Atmos over ARC but cannot do Dolby tru hd/atmos
basically DD+/atmos - lossy audio DTHD/ATMOS - lossless audio

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back