No Panasonic V30 in India?

Guys, I saw my first 720p movie --Sanctum from my p42v20 and the experience was awesome. I really never thought that this TV can create a theater like view for a normal movie. When movie got finished and we switched on the lights, it appeared as if we came out of a theater. Now my friend who has LED gets a bright color but I noticed that they pic color is enhanced by a pinkish+white color. May be it can be my perception, but I am happy that I made this decision to buy this TV.

i was highlighting the marketing tricks
just suggested LED will be a smart move .
keep this thread as book mark .............
after six months "base less assumptions" will put base of iron and
buyer riff off will be visible .

just4kix for you information i have couple of people in
tv marketing field..

BPL-SANYO joys are cheaper than "a piece of potato" now a days
but we sure have "proud owners" :yahoo:

Very true that plasma technology will eventually die out - not a question of 'if' but rather 'when'.

However, that does not mean that we should not buy plasma TVs at all. I am not even trying to press the 'plasma vs. LCD vs. LED' debate trigger. But the statement that we should not buy plasma because it will 'die soon' is childish.

Sooner or later LCD/LED will also die out replaced by, perhaps O-LED. And why talk about the future? Let us consider the immediate past. LED lit LCDs are replacing LCDs.
Does this give owners of LCDs any advantage? Can they upgrade? Can they now enjoy better contrast ratio, and other benefits of LED?

I have a BPL-Sanyo 21" CRT and it gives brilliant service and has very good black level. In fact, it is better that the 29" Sony CRT that I purchased 4 years ago. TV is not something that you will buy every year. My best suggestion is buy what pleases you, whether LCD, LED or plasma. Do not base judgements on 'baseless assumptions' of 'outdated technology'. Whatever you buy today, will be outdated in a couple of years anyway. But just as my 1992 BPL-Sanyo 21" CRT gives me service and joy, ensure that what you buy today does not make you cry later on.

Actually, the marketing gimmick is all 'bent' towards the LED. But probe a (knowledgeable) salesguy deep and then he will agree that plasma will render better picture, colours, etc.

BPL Sanyo is just an example. A friend of mine has an imported 20" Sony Hi-Black Trinitron. The gist of my post is as follows:

My best suggestion is buy what pleases you, whether LCD, LED or plasma. Do not base judgements on 'baseless assumptions' of 'outdated technology'. Whatever you buy today, will be outdated in a couple of years anyway. ... ensure that what you buy today does not make you cry later on.

some consumers here ignoring facts by few set of words by some people , plasma is not bad

but facts are there in the net :
all over the world companies stopped making these 'amazing tvs' except panasonic
not only me ask any smart buyer who knows /reads on av forums will give you same update ,
plasma will soon disappear

advances in LED have been real great and results in low cost sleek tvs , there are some differences how led display looks [not really drawbacks].
after few months plasma will be a thing of the past ,if thatz ok for buyer he can go for it .
i agree....
ensure that what you buy today does not make you cry later on
i own a LED panel ..not crying 5months over ;)
letz see u back in six months

Last edited:
some consumers here ignoring facts by few set of words by some people , plasma is not bad

but facts are there in the net :
all over the world companies stopped making these 'amazing tvs' except panasonic
not only me ask any smart buyer who knows /reads on av forums will give you same update ,
plasma will soon disappear

advances in LED have been real great and results in low cost sleek tvs , there are some differences how led display looks [not really drawbacks].
after few months plasma will be a thing of the past ,if thatz ok for buyer he can go for it .
i agree....

i own a LED panel ..not crying 5months over ;)
letz see u back in six months

BTW, samsung and LG also make plasma TV's.

So are you saying if I buy a plasma TV, it will explode or some such disaster will happen to it sitting in my living room after six months?

Its almost like saying buy a Reva and not a Honda because electric is the future and combustion engines will become a relic in the future.

Its nice that you like LED TV's but in a thread discussing plasma TV's if you are bashing plasma, you are being a troll and thats not nice. Do that in a thread discussing the merits between the different panels.

ITs amazing how trolls get their kicks don't they? In every forum you have them. In a thread discussing problems with my Fiat car, there will be the occasional idiot who comes in and says "ha ha, see I told you all... Fiat is bad. Buy a Honda, buy a Honda." I say jog on boy and find another tree to bark up.

Clearly this is a thread discussing a specific plasma television made by Panasonic. No one on this thread is saying that the plasma is better than LED or such. So far, my observation has been that the LED TVs look great but are insanely expensive and are absolutely not worth the money spent. The LCDs are crap and have rather dodgy colours, lower viewing angles and slower refresh rates. That leaves plasmas which are the cheapest yet are between the LCDs adn the LEDs when it comes to how pictures look. When it comes to refresh rates and motion clarity, plasmas are still the standard that is yet to be beaten.

Getting to the point (finally), I'm mulling over a Panasonic X30. IT is dead cheap (around Rs 35,000) and has overall good picture quality. I'm just wondering whether I should buy a full-HD version instead. I don't care for 3D so was wondering whether the U30 is a good choice. That seems to be the only non-3D plasma available in 42 inch size.

-Ganesh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back