NO sound output from AMP OUT

travel_living

Hi There,

Before i put my Q, here is my Scenario

My Airtel DVR is connected to TV (Samsung 40F6400) Directly over HDMI Connection.

Audio & Video Travels on HDMI Cable as i can hear and see both on TV.

Now i have output from TV i.e one Optical digital Out put which is connected to Onkyo 3400 amp.

case 1. - now i switched on Amp and done the Digital OUtput/source setting for TV (Optical 2/Optical)

Strange TV is not able send sound to amp over Toslink cable. Amp Says Unknown Signal.

I thought TV setting issue, But same time i played movie from TV usb port and i can hear sound from Amp with same connectivity.Sound travel from optical output to amp.

In both case i choosed TV on Onkyo Remote.

Advice me , if i m missing something ? why sound is not travel for airtel.

And i just replaced Airtel with PS3 and again PS3 sound travel to TV speaker .. but not to Optical out to amp optical in.

BUt it's travelling from TV Smart app/TV USB movie/TV network Share source...

Why i want this - because, sumetime i can hear sound from amp as well.

P.S- I don't want to connect Airtel DVR Digital output to Amp as it's connected to Boston 2.1 directly and sound works.

I have attached pix too..

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi

I recall reading about this similar challenge faced by one of HFV members....you need to calibrate / adjust the settings on Airtel box and then only the proper signals will pass through as connected...there may be some limitations..you need to check the FAQs / Instruction of Airtel DVR....

All the best

Hi,
Does your TV & amplifier have an ARC HDMI port?
If yes please connect your amplifier through that ARC stands for Audio Return Channel, when connected this way all TV sound will route to your amplifier once you switch the input oh the amp to TV.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back