no sound while playing Lossless audio

kaptan

I got a new issue while playing lossless sudio files such as Dolby Truhd & DTS hd MA. When I play such files via media player receiver does not output any sound but can se the signal in the display of the receiver. Same happens when I play a bluray disc in my bluray player.

dolby 5.1 and dts 5.1 tracks are working fine. Any members gone through such an issue. Plz guide me.

Receiver : pioneer vsx 920k

I got a new issue while playing lossless sudio files such as Dolby Truhd & DTS hd MA. When I play such files via media player receiver does not output any sound but can se the signal in the display of the receiver. Same happens when I play a bluray disc in my bluray player.

dolby 5.1 and dts 5.1 tracks are working fine. Any members gone through such an issue. Plz guide me.

Receiver : pioneer vsx 920k

Which media player is it and does it support HD audio? Normally if the HD audio is not supported I think the media players will down sample it to DTS/Dolby as the case may be, if not there could be an issue with the audio encoded in the file. Did you try to play it on some other media player.

I am using asus oplay media player. Yes it supports dolby tru hd. I was getting the sound until today, but suddenly there is not sound for those particular files. Same when playing bluray disc via bluray player, the lossless audio provides no sound, but other lossy tracks are playing fine. It looks strange.

I am using asus oplay media player. Yes it supports dolby tru hd. I was getting the sound until today, but suddenly there is not sound for those particular files. Same when playing bluray disc via bluray player, the lossless audio provides no sound, but other lossy tracks are playing fine. It looks strange.

You can try to reset to factory settings or also update the firmware if any available which might do the trick.

What output are you using?

Check audio output which should be set to either its TosLink or HDMI output through the menu system.

did the blu ray player and media player connect using the same HDMI cable alternatively? If not then your AVR might have developed a problem, you may also try changing the input HDMI port in the AVR.

Now I am getting a loud buzz sound from speakers. 2 days ago I disconnected the power cables and HDMI and reconnected again. At that time it all worked perfectly. Now today they are giving buzz sound. I feel it might be power problem.

Do I need to connect all the power to single strip. Right now they are connected to separate power outlets.
Kindly help me sort out permanently.

Now I am getting a loud buzz sound from speakers. 2 days ago I disconnected the power cables and HDMI and reconnected again. At that time it all worked perfectly. Now today they are giving buzz sound. I feel it might be power problem.

Do I need to connect all the power to single strip. Right now they are connected to separate power outlets.
Kindly help me sort out permanently.

If you play nothing and still keep the AVR on at louder volumes does the buzz still happen? If not then this may not be a power problem, also no issues with separate power outlets. Also if your lossy mp3's play's perfectly then this is a surer check of not being a power problem. Most likely your ASUS oplay might have an issue. Does any of your desktop / laptop have hdmi out? If yes try playing from that directly connected by HDMI to AVR.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back