Nokia music store?

Vijay_s

I saw news on Nokia music online-store in India. Few questions came up in my mind.
Can anyone tell me how it can be used?
How much do we need to pay per track/album?
Is it a onetime payment or any time restriction imposed ?
Can we use software in desktop to enjoy the music?

What is the advantage/disadvantage over buying CD

I saw news on Nokia music online-store in India. Few questions came up in my mind.
Can anyone tell me how it can be used?
How much do we need to pay per track/album?
Is it a onetime payment or any time restriction imposed ?
Can we use software in desktop to enjoy the music?

What is the advantage/disadvantage over buying CD

I have browsed through their store but not bought anything yet. Individual tracks are priced at Rs. 30 each. You can download songs directly to your phone if its compatible (there are around 8 phones which are compatible Nokia India - Nokia Music Store) or you can download it to the desktop software called Nokia Music and then transfer to your phone

Assuming just a 6 song album, you are better off buying a CD any day. Ofcourse if you need just one song from an album, you can consider it ...

However, as Alex has mentioned above, the mp3s are DRMed - meaning it cannot be moved from your phone and computer to any other device - even another Nokia that you buy one year later. If you are ok with that limitation, then go right ahead. But if you have another computer/ipod etc where you would like to play this song, then there is no way to do it legally ..

Ofcourse, you can strip the DRM as Alex suggested - but then I guess it negates the whole point of buying legal music :eek:hyeah:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back