Non HDMI av receiver

sudipta.sr83

Hi friends
I own a Denon AVR 1705 which don't have HDMI in port only way to connect digitally is via the optical in port, but my tv has no optical out, only HDMI out is there.
Is there any solution for this, so that I can connect my tv with the av receiver for the audio ? Is there any external converter available, if yes please suggest me few, thanks.

Hi friends
I own a Denon AVR 1705 which don't have HDMI in port only way to connect digitally is via the optical in port, but my tv has no optical out, only HDMI out is there.
Is there any solution for this, so that I can connect my tv with the av receiver for the audio ? Is there any external converter available, if yes please suggest me few, thanks.
There are several options but it depends on what your source (or sources) are.

Source is from HDMI port of tv it need to be connected to some converter which should have optical out to connect my av receiver
I am not sure I follow - TVs do not have a HDMI out although they do have an Audio return channel via HDMI in
Are you trying to get audio out from your TV smart apps ?

This:

This won't work if the above is true
This device is for extracting audio from a HDMI signal coming into the TV - which is why my question above

I am not sure I follow - TVs do not have a HDMI out although they do have an Audio return channel via HDMI in

This device is for extracting audio from a HDMI signal coming into the TV - which is why my question above

Hi thanks for your response, actually what am looking is suppose if I play a movie on my smart tv from say Netflix,I want that the sound should be delivered via my av receiver to my home theater speakers.
if I connect my av receiver to the tv via aux out( tv) then dolby/dts sound wont come so I need a solution.

Hi thanks for your response, actually what am looking is suppose if I play a movie on my smart tv from say Netflix,I want that the sound should be delivered via my av receiver to my home theater speakers.
if I connect my av receiver to the tv via aux out( tv) then dolby/dts sound wont come so I need a solution.
In theory, You need an ARC audio extractor that should be 3-4K on amazon
However ARC can be iffy even with officially supported equipment so I am unsure how well it would work with such devices

A more reliable method would be to use a cheap streamer like a fire TV coupled with a regular HDMI extractor like the one in the link posted by a FM - You can set the FIre TV to put DD 5.1. and the toslink from extractor going to your AVR... Its a tried and tested method that works well

Sorry, even I misunderstood, in his case there is no optical port on TV (why?) so there is option for him to take Dolby signal out of the TV.

Only option that i can think of is to buy FireTV or appleTV and use the HDMI extractor.

You may try for MI or any other android tv box with HDMI and optical output. In this case you can connect TV to HDMI Port and AVR to Optical output. Recently one FM purchased MI ATB ( Rs.3500/-) and is happy with purchase. You will get benefits of Google play store to down load Spotify, Tidal or other music streaming services as well as movies streaming services like Netflix, Prime video, Hotstar etc. Have not personally tried it but just for you information .

You may try for MI or any other android tv box with HDMI and optical output. In this case you can connect TV to HDMI Port and AVR to Optical output. Recently one FM purchased MI ATB ( Rs.3500/-) and is happy with purchase. You will get benefits of Google play store to down load Spotify, Tidal or other music streaming services as well as movies streaming services like Netflix, Prime video, Hotstar etc. Have not personally tried it but just for you information .
+1.

I have a MI Box S (MI Box 4K in india) myself. I can guarantee you that its a great box. I recently found that this little box supports even HDR10+ as well which i tested via Prime video and also in kodi (local mp4) though Xiaomi advertises it as just HDR10 box. You should be happy with this box. It has optical out (Mini-Toslink) as well as HDMI. so you run a hdmi cable to the TV and run another optical cable to the AVR. This way you can get surround sound pass through to your AVR.

IMO, This is a better option than firestick as you need to buy HDMI extractor as well for it. Whereas MI Box 4K is just Rs.3500.

Dear Ml android box owner, Please try to install Tidal on your MI box using Hola VPN and check wheather it can work as a Tidal streaming device . Also check wheather Tidal Masters also available for streaming. This may be great help from MI box owner to all FM as they need not to buy expensive network streamer for music streaming.

Hi MI android TV box owners, Please try to install Tidal music app on your MI box using Hola VPN. Check is it works flawlessly . Also check wheather Tidal Masters are available on Android Tidal app. It will be a great help from MI box owners as this can be work as cheapest network streamer for music streaming.

+1.

I have a MI Box S (MI Box 4K in india) myself. I can guarantee you that its a great box. I recently found that this little box supports even HDR10+ as well which i tested via Prime video and also in kodi (local mp4) though Xiaomi advertises it as just HDR10 box. You should be happy with this box. It has optical out (Mini-Toslink) as well as HDMI. so you run a hdmi cable to the TV and run another optical cable to the AVR. This way you can get surround sound pass through to your AVR.

IMO, This is a better option than firestick as you need to buy HDMI extractor as well for it. Whereas MI Box 4K is just Rs.3500.
Hi,

Will this method give 5.1 in Netflix and Amazon Prime. ?

Anyone with an older non hdmi AVR kindly confirm this.

Thanks.

In theory, You need an ARC audio extractor that should be 3-4K on amazon
However ARC can be iffy even with officially supported equipment so I am unsure how well it would work with such devices

A more reliable method would be to use a cheap streamer like a fire TV coupled with a regular HDMI extractor like the one in the link posted by a FM - You can set the FIre TV to put DD 5.1. and the toslink from extractor going to your AVR... Its a tried and tested method that works well
hi,

in above method, how will the volume be controlled?

via the Fire tv remote or via the non hdmi AVR remote?

Thanks.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back