Norge-1000 amp with Wharfedale 9.1

you are perfectly fine with the setup and budget. As a budget system this is complete VFM. Invest in good quality interconnects and speaker wires for the amount saved if any (norge 2060 for 7.5k and BS for around 8.5k).

Stay away from the remote - it only controls volume and with it the tone defeat button goes out of the window.

And what source are you using?

I have no idea about Tone defeat feature, you mean to say this feature will get missed if choose remote option?

regarding source, i have one basic philips dvd player and in few months i am planning to buy one Pioneer DVD player.

Last edited:
you probably can't get a cheaper amp but do consider the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers. They were quoted at 7,500 to me some tim eback, now they may be a bit more , 8,500 or 9,000 but they're very nice speakers, and others on the forum who have heard it also seem to agree. I have no idea about the Norge speakers, but do check out the CA.

where can i get S30 speakers in pune?

I have no idea about Tone defeat feature, you mean to say this feature will get missed if choose remote option?

yes they take out the tone defeat button to fix the ir receiver for the remote.

The tone defeat is like the pure audio found in onkyo - basically is shuts off all treble and bass controls of the amplifier and tries to reproduce the audio signals asi-is without adding coloration to the sound. I always use tone defeat/pure audio if possible.

yes they take out the tone defeat button to fix the ir receiver for the remote.

The tone defeat is like the pure audio found in onkyo - basically is shuts off all treble and bass controls of the amplifier and tries to reproduce the audio signals asi-is without adding coloration to the sound. I always use tone defeat/pure audio if possible.

Hi Sur,I dont think Tone defeat will be absent as when I met Mr.Bajaj,he said remote will only control vol(addind motor to knob only) & no other change.
Even so you can order for customised amp.I advice to add usb slot for 1000,he agreed,but needs a time.

Hi Sur,I dont think Tone defeat will be absent as when I met Mr.Bajaj,he said remote will only control vol(addind motor to knob only) & no other change.
Even so you can order for customised amp.I advice to add usb slot for 1000,he agreed,but needs a time.

even if go without remote option, i can control volume at source right, this way no need to run to the amp frequently. please correct me if i am wrong.

even if go without remote option, i can control volume at source right, this way no need to run to the amp frequently. please correct me if i am wrong.

If you connect CDp variable/balanced output to norge,you can control vol at CDp level.

until and unless Mr. Bajaj made some changes to accomodate the IR receiver - I have personally seen the IR receiver on the 2060 - the tone defeat button went out and the ir receiver came in.

BTW i just think its a waste of time getting a remote - unless the CD is really badly mastered you would not realy need to run to the amp to change the volume. I am using the Miniwatt for some time now - it just plays on at 50% volume in my room.

" I believe a lesser sibling of Norge (60 w Rms/ch) will drive 9.1s equally well at total package cost of 16k. The power at showroom went out before I could verify this combination."
For some reason, this statement really made me laugh (not at the poster but the circumstances). So, the real obstacles for the Indian music lover are not just high import duties, lack of models, VAT, surly salesmen, wives decor tastes etc. The biggest impediment seems to be that the damn power doesn't stay on in showrooms long enough to do a complete audition :yahoo:
And we call ourselves a developed nation :eek:

-Ajinkya.

There are very few descent CD players which have volume control AFAIK> i know of brands like Onida and Mitashi.

There are very few descent CD players which have volume control AFAIK> i know of brands like Onida and Mitashi.

Doctor CD Player? I think you are referring to DVD Player...
Anyway yes Onida has and SOME PHILIPS have Remote Volume Control ...only thing you need to go in it's menus and operate ( Check online manual before purchase)

Pioneer 610 Does not have it

Now CD Players

In the past I Used 2 Marantz CD Players - all had volume control ( I bought them used and sold later)I saw another 3-4 at used dealers -all had volume control
Philips CD playerr ( Single) had volume control ...you may get it at really cheap price !But their 5 CD changer does not have...

Now My current CD player Yamaha has Volume control and digital out !
Teac CD which may be cheapest standalon CDP @ lamigton road does not have vol control ( I have this at friends place)
Pioneer 100 CD changer does not have volume control

are you sure the volume control works for analog outs? I guess the vol control on marantz was only for headphone. Most of the CDPs do not have a volume control AFAIK.

regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back