Norge 1000 concerto Gold

changappa

Hi, Everybody.

I go by this if something is good its good. Now the point goes like this I bought a norge 1000 amp in the month of nov (end)2009. After reading reviews in AV Mag and Hi Fi vision. All gave a positive feedback. Originally I had a BPL 5.1 prologic Amp and Two old Akai Big Book shelf 3 way speakers with each 10'' sub woofers mid range and tweeters. I was not happy with the Bass so I was using a graphic equalizer in between. sound was ok.

When I connected the Norge1000 Amp initially there was no much defference. I removed the equalizer and connected directly. still it sounded slightly better than the BPL Amp. Oh Really I was worried. Some of the forum members asked me to be patient till the Amp finishes 100hrs listening. I really didn't belive them. And Now I belive them 100%. After 2 months of playing now the Amp is oppening up. Now it sounds entirely defferent from what it was 2 months back. The bass is very good also the mids and highs. At one point of time I thought of buying a new pair of speakers for the Amp. But my inner concious told me no ! wait and see, because I have listened this speakers with their original cassette decks and it was owsome. And now I tell everybody if you are not very serious audiphile and if you get hold of this vintage speakers just connect a norge amp see the performance. ONLY ONE WORD SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. And I Really thank Mr Bajaj for Producing a world class Amplifier for Indian listeners with a very resonable Price tag.

regards
changappa BB

A similar story here also......
my yamaha 863 amp has also opened up over the period of six months and now driving my BPL Floorstanders pretty well. In fact now BPLs are singing so well that after doing A/B comparision of them with mission m74i, I have dropped the idea of discarding BPLs.

cheers

It seems the only way to get it is to go their Mumbai shop . If one lives in Chennai, is there a way you can get it ? I mailed them and they don't have a dealer in chennai.

What is there in amp circuit that makes it better sounding 100 hours after purchase?

Why not then run-in for 100 hours at the factory itself?

What is there in amp circuit that makes it better sounding 100 hours after purchase?

Why not then run-in for 100 hours at the factory itself?

Sir,
As our moderator stated in his earlier post there is no 100 Hrs burning period for the amp to breakup. It is a myth. On the contrary it can be said that the amp had reduced in its life by 100hr as the IC"s and transistors had undergone expansion and contraction , however minutely this is , on generation of heat within themselves which is common in any electronic circuits.
In case of speakers this 100hr period holds good to some extent and that too depends on the material used for driver units.

Regards

Sir,
As our moderator stated in his earlier post there is no 100 Hrs burning period for the amp to breakup. It is a myth. On the contrary it can be said that the amp had reduced in its life by 100hr as the IC"s and transistors had undergone expansion and contraction , however minutely this is , on generation of heat within themselves which is common in any electronic circuits.
In case of speakers this 100hr period holds good to some extent and that too depends on the material used for driver units.

Regards

The thing with music electronics is that sound changes after 'burn-in'. You may or may not like the change but definitely sound changes. My cd player is better player after one month of burn-in...

The thing with music electronics is that sound changes after 'burn-in'. You may or may not like the change but definitely sound changes. My cd player is better player after one month of burn-in...

Sir,
Electronic and electric components do wear out and their performance and have relative higher or smaller tolerance regardless they're the same type and markings (resistance, capacitance, dynamic characteristics do change also over time, even if the product stays intact, properly preserved . We can also assume that the laser beam intensity would have been increased by a change in the tangential position of lens when the potentiometers moved counter clockwise , if loosely fit , thus may be increasing the performance.

Regards

Last edited:
Burn in for a Amplifier! This must be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard & I have been reading a lot of this everywhere.

An amplifier should perform right from day one; not after 100 or whatever hours of use & thats it.

Burn in for a Amplifier! This must be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard & I have been reading a lot of this everywhere. An amplifier should perform right from day one; not after 100 or whatever hours of use & thats it.

Aaaahhhhh, finally. You are a man after my own heart. :)

Cheers

Anywhere I can see the rear panel/ backside of Norge concerto 1000 gold series Amp ? I don't see that in norge site. I am hoping that Norge amp will go well with Norge speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong. I heard that the remote control option if opted for is only for volume control and it's not good at all . Is it so ?

I heard that the remote control option if opted for is only for volume control and it's not good at all . Is it so ?

I don't remember very well as I saw this amplifier an year back. We get a remote control option in place of 'Tone Defeat' button. Tone Defeat is same as 'Direct' mode or 'Pure Music' mode available in other brands. So, if you go for remote control you will not get 'Tone Defeat'.

Now, it does not means you can't listen in 'Direct' mode if you have remote option. You can put Bass and Treble knobs to 0 position and enjoy 'Direct' mode.

So, it is upto the user if he/she wants ease, 'Tone Defeat' button is helpful. Otherwise, you will need to use bass and treble knobs.

One more thing, you can increase or decrease volume using remote. Nothing else is possible from remote.

Last edited:
Burn in for a Amplifier! This must be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard & I have been reading a lot of this everywhere.

An amplifier should perform right from day one; not after 100 or whatever hours of use & thats it.

we all live in a harry potter world - in such a world, burn in of amplifiers and $900 burners-in of $7500 loudspeaker wires are par for the course- there are even wires which have copper for the forward run of electrons and silver for the return run - we all know (being harry-potter-world-nivasis) that electrons run faster on the way back- sometime leaving a vacuum - which is filled with dark energy and psions- hey- i have seen some of the better loudspeakers levitate after their 1000 hour burn-in - and some of them actually disappeared - but the sound remained tightly focused!:)

we all live in a harry potter world - in such a world, burn in of amplifiers and $900 burners-in of $7500 loudspeaker wires are par for the course- there are even wires which have copper for the forward run of electrons and silver for the return run - we all know (being harry-potter-world-nivasis) that electrons run faster on the way back- sometime leaving a vacuum - which is filled with dark energy and psions- hey- i have seen some of the better loudspeakers levitate after their 1000 hour burn-in - and some of them actually disappeared - but the sound remained tightly focused!:)

:lol:
You're the funniest man on the forum!

... I am hoping that Norge amp will go well with Norge speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Hi balajeem,
No personal exp reg above, however someone on this forum had posted that their Millenium speakers sounded good with Norge 2060 /1000. I own the 1000 amp. Going by its quality I am quite sure that Milleniums @ 14k approx would also rival quality of MNC spkrs costing twice as much. If audition not possible, wouldn't harm to go purely by Norge's reputation in VFM segment and purchase them.

Regds,

Good one Suri...:lol::lol::lol:
To be honest, I am a layman in this regard, however I have read enough description on this matter from "non-commercial" qualified experts (those who don't benefit commercialy from such beliefs) to conclude that things like SS amp burn-in, wonder-cables are more like techno-religious beliefs than measurable facts. As with any religious belief, questioning it's devotee is not in good taste:)

Regds

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back