Norge 1000 or 2000, which one is better?

I want to buy this, but this is priced too high (30k) in India - compared to $300 in the US (see amazon). It's a loot of Indian customers. But HK is still better than that rotten apple company.

regards

Yes but there is another receiver HK 3490
@ Rs 30000 I find it is good
120 W RMs PC,with DIGITAL INPUTS, Radio & Remote

Anyway I feel people are biased against Harman:mad::mad:

Some Specs
Power (FTC) : 120 x 2
THD : <0.07%
Impedance : 8 Ohms
Bandwidth : 20Hz 20kHz
High Instantaneous Current Capability (HCC) : 45 Amps
Bandwidth @ 1W (-3dB) : 10Hz 110kHz
Discrete Amplifier Output Devices : Yes
Dolby Virtual Speaker : Yes
Audio Inputs : 7 (1 on front panel)
Video Inputs : 4 (1 on front panel)
Video Outputs : 2
Digital Audio Inputs : Rear panel:
1x coaxal
1x optical

i absolutely agree to what murali says. At present i am experimenting with full range philips 8" drivers. They are just 15 w rms. My room is 14x 11. Listening distance from speakers is about 8 feet. That 15w power is more than enough for driving highs and mids(that too when i am not cranking it up). So now i feel that an amp with 50w per channel would have been suffice in place of my 100w/ channel yam. What is important is that those 15 watt fed to the speaker should be clean power & not distortion.so 2060 should do the trick. Btw this thread is becoming HK Thread but cant help adding something. 3490 has a nice facility . The pre amp & power amp sections are separate & are connected by a jumper. You can remove the jumper so that you have a separate pre & power amp at your disposal (but in a single cabinet)

hi anm. Which is rotten apple company?btw you can try HK3380. Almost same features. Power 80w rms per channel & cost rs 25k. As i have mentioned in my prev post , 80watts will be a pretty good power. I was blinded by that power thing otherwise i would have brought it at that time. But i preferred 100w yam ( got it cheap 13.5 k with 1 year company warranty)

Please guys, we are deviating from the topic.

@ANM, Which amp are you planning to buy? If it is some branded, then all the connections will be pcb mounted and the flexibility will be less. But definitely we can give a face shift.

In Norge amps, all the pots, speaker terminals etc are separate and are not pcb mounted. So we can arrange them in any way (Need to open it to get a clear look). I am planning to make the structure using some aluminium plates and the body with some light weight wood (rubberwood/beach wood/MDF) and paint with black decopaint (probably with a piano finish to the faceplate and screenprint / laser print the letters, need to check the feasibility). Planning to keep the backside heatsink inside with proper ventilation. Also planning to install AM/FM tuner with separate selector switch, need to buy the pcb. Also planning to increase the connctivity options by adding an internal rca source selector (without touching the amp circuitry). Since the elcectrical switches are controlled by remote, i dont require a remote for power, but for volume its required (probably need to buy a learning universal remote).

@All, where can i find a good screen printing / laser printing shop in bangalore. How much it cost, esp., the laser print. Planning to do the stereo cabinet and HTPC cabinet with minimum expense.

Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back