Norge concert gold 1000

Hi Changappa,
One thing is clear about your setup... its not the regular two channel stereo setup. As others have pointed out you may find the SQ better if your setup is the regular two channel stereo setup as follows:

DVD Line-out (L/R) ==> Norge DVD-IN
+
Norge Speaker out (L/R) ==> Front speakers (L/R)

...However it is apparent from your replies that you want to retain this multi-speaker setup invlolving BPL prologic amp driving two rear speakers and one Front (or center??) speaker. I haven't understood clearly how you have hooked up your setup, however see below for my version of how your components should be hooked up:

DVD line-out (Front: L/R) ==> Norge DVD-IN (L/R)
+
+
DVD line-out (Rear: L/R) ==> BPL Dolby amp-IN (Rear: L/R)
+
DVD line-out (Center) ==> BPL Dolby amp-IN (Center)
+
BPL Dolby amp Rear spkr out ==> Rear speakers (L/R)
+
BPL Dolby amp Center spkr out ==> Center Speaker

Please confirm if your multi-speaker setup is as mentioned above. If not, then copy paste modified version of same in your reply.

Once I get clarity with your reply... I can guide you on your issues, and may be gain more understanding from your setup (I haven't seen such non-traditional setup yet :))

Regds,

Mr.Changappa,
What I understand from your postings ( I may be wrong )
a) is that your DVD player is a dedicated player to which speakers can be connected directly
b) The signal from the DVD player is a processed one .

If this is true you are feeding a processed signal with amplification to your Norge which hinders the actual use / performance of the Norge sterio receiver.

Regards

firstly, all DVD players do not have volume controls.....

Secondly......why have you done this arrangement this way? Let me see if I get you.....you are hooking up the DVD player to the Norge amp using stereo interconnects.......you are then connecting the 'out' section of the tape loop on the amplifier to your BPL amplifier which is powering your BPL speakers.

Are there any speakers directly connected to the Norge amp? What speakers are they? If so, why do you need 3/4 speakers?

The following paragraph is applicable only if there are speakers connected directly only to the BPL amp and not the Norge amp....then why on earth are you doing this circus with the BPL amp? in this kind of setup you are not using your Norge amp at all....you are bypassing even the pre-amp sectino of the Norge, if you are taking a line-level output from its tape loop.......please connect the DVD-P straight to the Norge amp and hook the speakers up to it, you'll get the cleanest possible sound (and amplification from the Norge that you paid for). While I would not advise you to use the 'volume' control on the DVD player, you could set your amp volume manually to a decent level, while leaving the DVD-P 'volume' level at maximum, and then reduce that if there is some emergency.

Does this answer your queries?

Again, your posts is utterly unclear and the above is an attempt to make sense of it. I could very well be wrong because your explanations still don't make any real sense. Do you have 2 speakers in total? or 3? or 4? and WHY?
Ha ha you r getting irritated r u? I shal make it his way I have two 3 way speakers ( big book shelf) connected directly to Norge Amp and source dvd L/R front pluged in to Norge Amp directly. Next Norge Amp tape out directly connected to BPL Amp tape in port. And BPL Amp front speaker out connected to one 8'' full range speaker. Total of 2+1=3 speakers only. (This BPL amp got a front speaker out for vocals) am I clear now? please pardon me if I am irritating its non intentional.

Hi Changappa,
One thing is clear about your setup... its not the regular two channel stereo setup. As others have pointed out you may find the SQ better if your setup is the regular two channel stereo setup as follows:

DVD Line-out (L/R) ==> Norge DVD-IN
+

...However it is apparent from your replies that you want to retain this multi-speaker setup invlolving BPL prologic amp driving two rear speakers and one Front (or center??) speaker. I haven't understood clearly how you have hooked up your setup, however see below for my version of how your components should be hooked up:

DVD line-out (Front: L/R) ==> Norge DVD-IN (L/R)
+
+
DVD line-out (Rear: L/R) ==> BPL Dolby amp-IN (Rear: L/R)
+
DVD line-out (Center) ==> BPL Dolby amp-IN (Center)
+
BPL Dolby amp Rear spkr out ==> Rear speakers (L/R)
+
BPL Dolby amp Center spkr out ==> Center Speaker

Please confirm if your multi-speaker setup is as mentioned above. If not, then copy paste modified version of same in your reply.

Once I get clarity with your reply... I can guide you on your issues, and may be gain more understanding from your setup (I haven't seen such non-traditional setup yet :))

Regds,

Oh No finally u could catch me. I have not connected L/R rear speakers, only centre (front) I have connected. whatever the explanation given by u is perfect. thanx

Mr.Changappa,
What I understand from your postings ( I may be wrong )
a) is that your DVD player is a dedicated player to which speakers can be connected directly
b) The signal from the DVD player is a processed one .

If this is true you are feeding a processed signal with amplification to your Norge which hinders the actual use / performance of the Norge sterio receiver.

Regards

Hi. no its a normal dvd player without built in amp. I am talking about the vol level controler in the dvd player Eg: If u look at a dvd player remote u find a button like vol + - hope u got it.

hehe, sorry if i sounded irritated......but why do you have this arrangement? why don't you get rid of the BPL amplifier and the single speaker from your setup entirely? Stereo sound is meant to be enjoyed with two speakers. A third speaker randomly inserted into the chain is going to degrade the experience dramatically in terms of soundstage, imaging, not to mention the timbre matchin gbetween the speakers. I would strongly recommend that you disconnect the BPL amp as well as the third speaker from your setup.

What speakers are you using? what brand? If you are using inferior speakers, changing the amp may not show itself up as a great improvement, so you may consider upgrading your speakers.

Mr. Chengappa,
We can put a stop to our debate . The only option to clear all our doubts
is to get a DVD/VCD/CD player . Play a C.D on your existing set up/DVD player and then play the same C.D on the other player connecting it to your norge amplifier directly. You can verify the clarity for your self and post the result to us.

Regards

ALLL?????????? How come you make this global statement? I owe Pioneer 610 probably the best budget player which does NOT have volume control

It should have read all Chinese DVD players. though, a few branded ones like Philips too have built in volume control. No Pioneer model (one of the best in that price band) has vol control.

Warm Regds / Shailender

My OLD Onida DVD player has vol control.

All onida players have volume. I was product head for onida dvd so I can vouch for it.
Point is NOT ALL DVD players in the world has volume control. THis is too big motherhood statement and I am not able to read between words ( I was not able to see it means chinese DVD players)
BTW onida is fully sourced from china ,but i think so pio is also chinese made!
What about oppo and other DVD players?

All onida players have volume. I was product head for onida dvd so I can vouch for it.
Point is NOT ALL DVD players in the world has volume control. THis is too big motherhood statement and I am not able to read between words ( I was not able to see it means chinese DVD players)
BTW onida is fully sourced from china ,but i think so pio is also chinese made!
What about oppo and other DVD players?

Oppo is China.

Oppo 980H and 981HD both have volume control in the remote.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back