Norge Concerto Gold 1000 MD75/Millenium speakers

2060 with the Millenium - shrillness gone, slightly laidback and deeper lows than above combo. Like Gollum said - they jelled well. For the price they are a bargain.

Thanks for updating on it Keith. So how was your experience with Concerto Gold + Millenium Speakers ? How was it different than 2060 + Millenium combo ?

Thanks for updating on it Keith. So how was your experience with Concerto Gold + Millenium Speakers ? How was it different than 2060 + Millenium combo ?

To my ears, there was not much difference in the Concerto Gold + Millenium combo as compared to the 2060 + Millenium combo. The Concerto Gold just had higher gain.

Sorry for the rather delayed response but I have finally decided that I am going ahead with the 2060 amp and Millenium speakers. I have heard it for a couple of days now and am quite content with the overall sound.

for the price I paid (7500 + 11500 = 19k) I am quite satisfied with the overall output , the sound is crisp , has a good enough [tight not booming] bass (for my 12 X 10 room dimensions) .

It sounded more sharp and crisp in the norge factory but this can be due to various reasons like speaker placement ( makes a substantial difference if heard at ear-level ), the source ( I have a phillips cd 165 but am looking out for a decent budget cd and mp3 player... and the room accoustics.

One imp thing is the treble knob needs to be cranked up for a decent quality of sound (bass is ok) i.e. in other words the tone defeat button is useless for me and having said that the same combo sounded great in the norge factory, ( probably its the cd player ..?) .

Any advice on a good cd player (till 13-14 k ) would be very helpful.

Conclusion:
I am very content on my purchase and thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and providing your opinions.

The pursuit of happiness ends here... :yahoo: perhaps !!

Keith : spl thanks to you as always on everything...

perhaps the most vfm,albeit older gen,dedicated cdp would be the marantz 5001.IMO.dunno current prices tho.am sure it will take the performance of ur norge combo a huge step up.enjoy and congrats.cheers

many congratualtions
the millenium speakers are indeed sweet sounding

20k for the setup is very good value for what you get
enjoy and happy diwali

It sounded more sharp and crisp in the norge factory but this can be due to various reasons like speaker placement ( makes a substantial difference if heard at ear-level ), the source ( I have a phillips cd 165 but am looking out for a decent budget cd and mp3 player... and the room accoustics.

Yes Gollum, you are using a budget cd player which is causing the difference. I use a low end mass market dvd player and I notice a significant difference when i try another source like a PS2 on my Norge 2030. Glad you liked the millenium speakers i am planning to pick them up too.

If your budget is 14K go for Cambridge Audio DV99.

Gollum: If you can find a good used goods dealers, Marantz CD 63 SE sells for around 8-9k in the used market. Have heard it extensively, its a nice player

Thank you all, this thread helped me decide, I ordered norge 2060 and new millennium speakers from Mr. Bajaj :)

thanks again

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back