not able to decide my HT

piyush608

Sry ppl for opening this new thread .but i m still not sure wat to buy
My room:12x14
Taste:clear crisp sound not too boomy but.vicals should be gud and bass shud gud as well
Usage:90%movies rest music linkin park eminem few hindi as well
Budget:60k max
Resident:delhi ncr
Audition taken:1)Hk combo: poor
2)htib:eek:nkyo3500 and 1713: okok
3)1513+wharf70+: nice but confused
4)1513+polk tsi100 cs10 psw110+owm3:nice but again confused.

I have zeroed on avr i.e 1513 which is good value for money..
Plz suggest the best speaker set which tis avr can drive

Taste:clear crisp sound not too boomy but.vicals should be gud and bass shud gud as well

Nothing to worry buddy.....

Denon 1513 being the entry level receiver, wouldn't have much power to drive modestly efficient speakers (< 90db)....

The Best speaker the you can look for (Denon 1513) is speakers having >=89db efficiency/Sensitivity.....

I guezz i had already suggested you Sonodyne Avant range of speakers... Avant 150 (4 Pieces) + LCR 250 + a Subwoofer Roar 108 should do enough as your listening preference is 90% movies....

You can also consider PSB Alpha series,If they are aval in your city........They are also around 90db efficiency.....

Either 1713 with speaker pack(wharfedale or polk)or go for Onkyo Htib.Take a proper demo,compare them & decide.

Denon 1513 being the entry level receiver, wouldn't have much power to drive modestly efficient speakers (< 90db)....

The Best speaker the you can look for (Denon 1513) is speakers having >=89db efficiency/Sensitivity.....

Most of the speakers which i see in the market are less than 85db and very few in range of 89db. Haven't seen any speakers with sensitivity >= 90 db. Can you please provide some models with their prices in India (blr preferably)

Denon and Polk go very well to each other, I've heard personally them and they sound great, Polk's are good for movies (IMHO) they make good bass with decent mid and highs.

I guezz i had already suggested you Sonodyne Avant range of speakers... Avant 150 (4 Pieces) + LCR 250 + a Subwoofer Roar 108 should do enough as your listening preference is 90% movies....

You can also consider PSB Alpha series,If they are aval in your city........They are also around 90db efficiency.....
just joined the group, would request if you cld please list carieteria for chosing decent AVR (affordable)

Piyush,
I would vote for Wharfedale DX-1 instead of Whar 70+. Otherwise you can also listen to Tannoy HTS 101 or Energy Micro RC. Both are exceptional. I'm using Denon 1513, all I can say that its got ample power for 89 db speakers. You won't need to use more than 60% of the volume in home. Its also got HDMI passthrough and all HD audio codec support.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back