Nvidia shield Oreo update

Questions to owners :
- Will it be possible to load apps like SonyLiv, SunNXT, AirtelTV onto the Nvidia Shield using the sideload apps route?
- For voice search, do we need to still press any keys on the remote? Saw in their documentation that with their "new controller",the usual "Hey Google" should trigger the search.
- How long will Nvidia update the OS? I could not see any promises around that. Oreo is a good update but any info on how long will they keep updating?

Appreciate your inputs!

Hello members,
I had brought 1 Nvidia Shield box (2017 version) from Canada in March 2018. Till 3 days back, it was running good. But, it didn't power on the next day. There was no power fluctuations, no firmware updating, nor any apps/videos crash while switching off the shield last time. So, I couldn't find any reason for it not to power on. I tried every tricks mentioned on Google & Youtube to power it on, but unsuccessful.
The Customer support is stating that if replacement needed; i will have to get it replaced in Canada only. Now, the problem is that no one in my circle is going to Canada for another 6-7 months at least.
Is there any service centre here in Mumbai where Shield can be repaired?
Please suggest.

Questions to owners :
- Will it be possible to load apps like SonyLiv, SunNXT, AirtelTV onto the Nvidia Shield using the sideload apps route?
- For voice search, do we need to still press any keys on the remote? Saw in their documentation that with their "new controller",the usual "Hey Google" should trigger the search.
- How long will Nvidia update the OS? I could not see any promises around that. Oreo is a good update but any info on how long will they keep updating?

Appreciate your inputs!
Hi,
Answers as given below:
1) I had sideload SonyLiv & Airtel TV in Shield. It's possible.
2) Yes, we need to still press the centre key. As well as there is a dedicated "voice" button on the remote.
3) You are right. There is no exact timeline of updating the OS.

Questions to owners :

Appreciate your inputs!

You do not need to sideload SonyLiv, it's available on Play Store.
Hey Google will work.
The Shield is the MOST powerful Android TV option by far, 4 years old now in terms of hardware (the 2017 one didn't change hardware much), and NVidia continues to support it. The Shield is far beyond its time, and even Google recognizes that.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back