nvidia shield thread

girishtd8262

Hi I'm getting only 2.0 on my shield on amazon prime though the title shows its 5.1 . Netflix is working fine with atmos.any siggestions

Yes Netflix app from home screen of Shield Pro gives both Atmos as well as 4k HDR.
Ok seems something changed
I had been trying to get 4K HDR and Atmos work on Shield Pro and I was told that it does not work, I need Kodi with Netflix Plugin to do it.

I just tried Netflix and Prime on my Shield pro
1. I see a max 5.1 channel and none titles showing 4K and Atmos signs on clicking the title which I know are 4K HDR and Atmos like "Our Planet"
2. I could stream "Gulabo Sitabo" with Atmos on Prime but not sure if its Ultra HD because last couple of weeks the App stopped showing Ultra HD logo while playing movie (when you press any button to see seek bar)

Hi I'm getting only 2.0 on my shield on amazon prime though the title shows its 5.1 . Netflix is working fine with atmos.any siggestions
Could you please take a picture of any time on Netflix on Shiled showing Atmos? (when you click any title, it shows the information)

Thanks

Glad to know Dolby works for you directly on Netflix App on Shield
Does the titles show "4K HDR" symbol?

What Audio and Video settings are you using on Shield?
I will post a picture of settings I am using.

Thanks

Glad to know Dolby works for you directly on Netflix App on Shield
Does the titles show "4K HDR" symbol?

What Audio and Video settings are you using on Shield?
I will post a picture of settings I am using.
Yes it will show 4k HDR with Atmos when I used to play on my 4k TV. But right now I have Shield placed in my HT room which has a1080p projector.

Yes it will show 4k HDR with Atmos when I used to play on my 4k TV. But right now I have Shield placed in my HT room which has a1080p projector.
So this is the status on Shiled

Prime Videos (tried the title "Carnival Row")
Dolby Atmos : Working
Ultra HD : Not sure (any idea where to look for Ultra HD 4K symbol? Using Xbox One S, the Prime App does show "Ultra HD" if you click seek bar while playing an Ultra HD title.

p2.jpeg

Netflix (Tried the title "Lost Bullet"
)
Dolby Atmos : NOT working, all Atmos titles show 5.1 symbol
Ultra HD 4K : Working

p1.jpeg

Audio settings on my Shiled Pro

p3.jpeg

Please advise if you are using a different setting to achieve Atmos on Netflix.

Last edited:
Even I'm getting only 2.0 audio in Prime Video using Nvidia Shield TV Pro. Not sure what the problem is. Anyone able to fix this issue.

Ok seems something changed
I had been trying to get 4K HDR and Atmos work on Shield Pro and I was told that it does not work, I need Kodi with Netflix Plugin to do it.
Netflix Plugin with Kodi is not a stable one i guess. I think they just implemented a prototype and left it. There are lot of issues , Even it doesn not work with profiles with pass-codes assigned. I tried Netflix plugin with my Windows PC with Kodi last time.

I think there might be some tweaks needed to work with Netflix App on Shield pro Tv. Even xbox one x support dolby atmos content with netflix.

Even I'm getting only 2.0 audio in Prime Video using Nvidia Shield TV Pro. Not sure what the problem is. Anyone able to fix this issue.

Netflix Plugin with Kodi is not a stable one i guess. I think they just implemented a prototype and left it. There are lot of issues , Even it doesn not work with profiles with pass-codes assigned. I tried Netflix plugin with my Windows PC with Kodi last time.

I think there might be some tweaks needed to work with Netflix App on Shield pro Tv. Even xbox one x support dolby atmos content with netflix.
Yes I use Xbox One S and the sound quality in Netflix streaming is THE best (of course Atmos is biggest plus) with it when I compare it with Shield and Fire TV, Apple TV 4K

Noticed gain++ after the recent upgrade of firmware (STV Pro 2019), I feel it is overdone. Any settings/tweaks to bring this down to normalized levels?

Hi . Netflix on nvidia shield ,many titles are shown as Dolby Atmos on display card but when I play them it plays 5.1 eg elite,who killed sara 2 so on.
But our planet shows Atmos and plays atmos.is it happening with all .what is the problem

Hi . Netflix on nvidia shield ,many titles are shown as Dolby Atmos on display card but when I play them it plays 5.1 eg elite,who killed sara 2 so on.
But our planet shows Atmos and plays atmos.is it happening with all .what is the problem
Shield Pro 2019?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back