Observations: Paradigm Titan & 7, Quad 12L2, MA RS1, Usher V-601

Hi Psychotropic,
No issues boss. As I said, my ears were going to be the final judge, so thats fine.

Thanks for the granite slab /book suggestion.
Regds,
Sonosphere

hey sonosphere. .....

Before you do anything elaborate, just try putting 1-inch thick granite slabs under each speaker, that goes a long way in isolating the speakers. Otherwise try putting some fat books (think telephone directory), those are a good stopgap as well.

Hi Rikhav,
To my ears Norge bass is not loose or flabby, just having less detail in bass-overtones. its bass dynamics are quite tight till moderate volume levells. A typical bass guitar tone is anyway not having many overtones/harmonics (and for a good reason) compared to solo instruments like guitar, violin, sax etc. Hence the amp needs to be really refined one to deliver that.

Furthermore the fat bass that Norge makes, maybe masks whatever overtone detail the Norge is actually generating. For a price point certain creative compromises need to be made and thats where an amp signature is born. And Norge signature is none better or worse. Of course this is not to mean that I disagree with you. Its a subjective issue I think

BTW sorry to clarify late... the amps are not sitting on the sub, actually it's a side table covered with fabric. (The sub is on opposite corner, not visible in pic)

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi
That means the NAD has better control over the bass then then Norge. With the Norge the bass is suppose to be getting loose and flabby

Also about the amp placement, I would opt to keep it on the floor (or on a slab of granite which would be on the floor) rather then keeping it on the sub and both the amps on top of each other

Hi magma,
Thanks for your patience to clarify my "mis-cconceptions".
Regarding corner placment clarification... I will definately try the same, and hope the left /right bass bump imbalance is not an issue.

About 60 degree toe-in,,, no, I didn't read it anywhere, just extended logic that since tweeters output is most faithful in the straight path, then they should be practically aiming my ear, and going by equilateral triangle theory (yes, this I've read on web) the angle automatically becomes 60-degree.

To get isoceles triangle I'll need to shift my sofa almost 2 feet backwards, which is not feasible, again due to interior design. Thanks for info anyway.

Regds,
Sonsphere

the illefects of placing the speaker in the far corner on a stand are much less than what you will experince with the current placement

toe in should ideally be not more than 15 degrees
where did you ever read about a 60 degree toe in!
and where did you get an idea that each speaker should face the exact same spot to form an equilateral triangle?

the equilateral triangle concept is just for speaker placement not toe ins
Also an iscoles trianlge works better than an equilateral

Hi Cooltoad,
The most noticeable change iyou will notice in 601 is more presence in midrange, and consequently it will bring up some delicate sounds to higher audibility that were faintly audible in the slightly recessed mids of 9.2.

OTOH, 9.2 presents a silky high treble, that is more noticeable since the mids don't mask the high-treble details as much they would in a neutral speaker. Hence you would notice more reverb-ambience in 9.2 compared to the same song+amp+source listened on 601.

Regds,
Sonospere

Congrats Sonos, Nice setup and nice upgrade. Since i also have 9.2 presently, your inputs on the improvement over the wharfs should be valuable to me.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back