Observer's 50 essential CDs from around the world

have listended to the Youssou N'Dour, Salif Keita,Khaled and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan album mentioned in the list. lemme check out the songs from the reaming artists and albums mentioned.

50 essential cds from around the world | Music | The Observer

Stumbled upon this while browsing Amazon... I have not listened to any of these (except Lata, ofcourse) personally. Any comments/feecback?

Imho - the creadibality of such lists and is alwyas doubtful -and can be debated.

Anyway this list is not having the historic recordings like
1) Dark side of the moon
2) Albums by Kraftwerk - It was beginning of Techno...
3) Thriller ( Do I say more?)
4) Tubular Bells....

Are they audiophile grade?:rolleyes:

But if the music you do not like is not audiophile grade -so you are going to change genres????

Anyway IMHO many of these lists are totally alien to me!
A good efforts was in AV Max there was an article about better recorded albums across genres - al ot of popular hindi movie albums was featured.

I am looking for better recorded stereo kishore kumar ,mohd.rafi and ghulam ali albums...any help?

Yes, dark side of the moon is one amazing recording.

From -Wkipedia

Pink Floyd used some of the most advanced recording techniques of the time, including multitrack recording and tape loops. Analogue synthesisers were given prominence in several tracks, and a series of recorded interviews with staff and band personnel provided the source material for a range of philosophical quotations used throughout. Engineer Alan Parsons was directly responsible for some of the most notable sonic aspects of the album, including the non-lexical performance of Clare Torry.

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained on the charts for 741 weeks (fourteen years), the longest duration of any album in history. With an estimated 45 million units sold, it is Pink Floyd's most commercially successful album and one of the best-selling albums worldwide. It has twice been remastered and re-released, and has been covered by several other acts.

Imho - the creadibality of such lists and is alwyas doubtful -and can be debated.

Anyway this list is not having the historic recordings like
1) Dark side of the moon
2) Albums by Kraftwerk - It was beginning of Techno...
3) Thriller ( Do I say more?)
4) Tubular Bells....

This list is about the rest of the world.

From -Wkipedia

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained on the charts for 741 weeks (fourteen years), the longest duration of any album in history. With an estimated 45 million units sold, it is Pink Floyd's most commercially successful album and one of the best-selling albums worldwide. It has twice been remastered and re-released, and has been covered by several other acts.

And after that they changed the rules and hence it went out of the charts, only to come back again:lol:

And after that they changed the rules and hence it went out of the charts, only to come back again:lol:

I cannot call myself crezy Pink Floyd fan but yes I'm a fan!
The band ,the cult ,the phenomenon called Pink Floyd always fascinated me.
Anyway who wetre there @ roger waters concert @ BKC bandra? I did not get 1000 Rs ticket so bought 2000 one and was there!! It was awsome!!! And people went crazy when a pig shaped balloon with graffiti written over it was released!( As generally in each Floyd/Waters concert a Pig balloon is released when the "animals" is played!!

P.S. I have 2 copies of Dark side of the moon Vinyl bought @ Rs 10 each from a raddi shop 11-12 years ago!

I cannot call myself crazy Pink Floyd fan but yes I'm a fan!
The band ,the cult ,the phenomenon called Pink Floyd always fascinated me.
Anyway who wetre there @ roger waters concert @ BKC bandra? I did not get 1000 Rs ticket so bought 2000 one and was there!! It was awsome!!! And people went crazy when a pig shaped balloon with graffiti written over it was released!( As generally in each Floyd/Waters concert a Pig balloon is released when the "animals" is played!!

P.S. I have 2 copies of Dark side of the moon Vinyl bought @ Rs 10 each from a raddi shop 11-12 years ago!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back