Old Is Gold...

moserw

I was rummaging through all my old PC stuff having an old Compaq system that is no longer in use and came across a pair of Hewlett Packard Compaq JBL Pro 2.0 speakers that came with the PC when I purchased the entire system a good 8-9 years ago. I have a Creative T6060 Inspire 5.1 speaker system that I purchased recently to use on my PC while awaiting my Audioengine A5s from the U.S. that do a fair job for playing music in the background while I am working on the PC, not audiophile SQ by any terms, but decent for playing mp3s and my FLAC rips on the PC. Anyways I connected the Hewlett Packard Compaq JBL Pro 2.0 speakers to my present PC and surprise of surprises they would give the Creative T6060 a run for their money. They are only 2.0 but give out very good bass, the vocals/highs are clear and they do pretty well in the mid to low range too. They are crystal clear at low volumes and they do go pretty loud too. Very little if any distortion even when the volume is turned all the way up. Truly makes me wonder, old is gold

I connected the Hewlett Packard Compaq JBL Pro 2.0 speakers to my present PC and surprise of surprises they would give the Creative T6060 a run for their money. They are only 2.0 but give out very good bass, the vocals/highs are clear and they do pretty well in the mid to low range too. They are crystal clear at low volumes and they do go pretty loud too. Very little if any distortion even when the volume is turned all the way up. Truly makes me wonder, old is gold

Happy listening :D Wish i too could have bought miracles years ago..

mp3 and ripped audio will always sound good in 2.0 than 5.1 unless some upconversion for surround like Dolby Prolic II or Logic 7 is employed.

my 2 cents

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back