Oled v fald

vix41085

Hello i am new here. Plz someone suggest me to buy new tv. Oled v fald. I want best picture quality. Budget no issue. Size 65" min.

Plz someone tell me different between oled v fald.

Hello i am new here. Plz someone suggest me to buy new tv. Oled v fald. I want best picture quality. Budget no issue. Size 65" min.

Wow a very intriguing debate. You will find people bashing both Oled, qled. I bash qled and prefer Oled.By best picture quality what parameters do you consider for a picture to be called best? Also what contents do you watch the most and the environment wether it is a bright hall with reflections or in a dark room for a home theatre set up should be considered to choose the best tv for you. Oled in general is the superior and the latest tech in tv since it has pixel level control which is the highest level a tech can progress interms of display for some years atleast as far as I know. Oled are self lit pixels whereas Qled on the other hand cannot and comes in edge or FALD options.Fald is a fancy lcd TV where the manufacturers introduce multiple zones of backlights.Now this helps in qled reach crazy level of brightness over the Oled. Since Oled are self lit pixels they have infinite contrast ratio and the purest of blacks. They have the best response time as well. The manufacturers restrict the brightness level in Oled for screen life.

Last edited:
This is an excellent video showcasing the Pros/Cons of both the techs.

In tests like these the Oled will always be judged to have superior picture quality especially by experts like Vincent. But these test results will not be suitable for many since the comparisons are on accurate picture modes like the cinema preset and the displays are calibrated to accuracy or tuned having a reference.

Love4sound has given a great response. Just to add my opinion here, a few points. If you want a hall TV where you cannot control the light in ambience and background with screen reflexions, FALD is better than OLED. But if it is a room TV where you have a dark room setting in the evenings and with dark curtains in the mornings and afternoons to control the room lighting, OLED will give you an immersive experience with jet blacks. In 65" size you will notice a 50k price difference between a flagship FALD and OLED.

When OLEDs drop in price during festive occassions the FALD comes down to just a little less than OLEDs and so most FMs here go for OLEDs during those times. FALD can cause eyes to form tears and burns but OLED can be less harmful and eye soothing. FALDs are these days having a better variant called Mini LED where mini-LEDs are arrayed instead of the normal sized LEDs used till 2019. These TVs with Quantom dot prism layers for better spectral colour display (Qled) are called NEO QLEDs are the biggest trumpeted ones currently (for example the QN90A Samsung) resulting in endless debates over which is better.

LG is coming out with a QNED display which is supposed to be the final solution to LCD LED technologies' limitation. Keep an eye on that if you want to enter into the ultimate solution to display technology that can become a game changer from 2022 onwards.

Love4sound has given a great response. Just to add my opinion here, a few points. If you want a hall TV where you cannot control the light in ambience and background with screen reflexions, FALD is better than OLED. But if it is a room TV where you have a dark room setting in the evenings and with dark curtains in the mornings and afternoons to control the room lighting, OLED will give you an immersive experience with jet blacks. In 65" size you will notice a 50k price difference between a flagship FALD and OLED.

When OLEDs drop in price during festive occassions the FALD comes down to just a little less than OLEDs and so most FMs here go for OLEDs during those times. FALD can cause eyes to form tears and burns but OLED can be less harmful and eye soothing. FALDs are these days having a better variant called Mini LED where mini-LEDs are arrayed instead of the normal sized LEDs used till 2019. These TVs with Quantom dot prism layers for better spectral colour display (Qled) are called NEO QLEDs are the biggest trumpeted ones currently (for example the QN90A Samsung) resulting in endless debates over which is better.

LG is coming out with a QNED display which is supposed to be the final solution to LCD LED technologies' limitation. Keep an eye on that if you want to enter into the ultimate solution to display technology that can become a game changer from 2022 onwards.
I want room tv. Room is so bright. How about sony x90j ?

I want room tv. Room is so bright. How about sony x90j ?
Then you won’t benefit much from Oled cause the true beauty of Oled can only be experienced in a dark room but again as per RTINGS verdict the x90j also struggles in a bright room cause of direct reflections and has very poor viewing angles. I hate Samsung cause of their poor after sales support and reliability but in your case their FALD tv’s might work out for you and they seem to be dominating the FALD market. Check HDTV and RTINGS but use their findings only has a starting point and do have a demo in showroom to decide for yourself.

Well, you asked about Sony X90J. The following that I am about to write is based on my own opinion. I owned and currently own a 9300D (sold it and bought it back), a very bright 3D TV. Sony 9000+ series is always good no matter what it's lighting technology is. For example as a Frame local dimming of an edge VA TV, it surpasses peak brightness of even last year's flagship FALD of Sony 9500H and obviously so, as 3D TV's are to be designed real real bright. It is a well crafted model that is just so immersive if you watch a 3D blue ray disc such as gravity or Hobbit etc... Samsung's current flagship QN90A is being hailed as the ultimate TV but when I watch blueray content in my LG OLED or in my Sony 9300D (using PS4 pro) it is a better experience than the X90J or QN90A i auditioned in showrooms. So having these two TVs I don't think Samsung's hollering adverts and chest thumping of their QN90A just appeals to me even a tiny notch. If you get X90J for a smart price - go for it. Like 90J 65" for 1 lakh or below is my version of attractive price. Otherwise go for Samsung Qn90A. A1 LG OLED may work if you can control the ambient lighting.

Off axis viewing is poor in all LEDs. That alone sways things towards OLEDs.

If you have windows directly opposite to the tv, imo no tv will work irrespective of led or OLED.

I am confused between sony x90j 65" & mi q1 75" & Samsung qn90a 55". Budget no issues. Plz suggest me. I want best picture quality.

Last edited:
I am confused between sony x90j 65" & mi q1 75" & Samsung qn90a 55". Budget no issues. Plz suggest me. I want best picture quality.
Very odd choices.You have chosen 3 screen sizes from 3 different brands. Sony x90j has only 24 local dimming zones and blooming will be very visible. Also it is reported to have very poor viewing angles.Samsung QN90A is rated to be the best FALD tv this year with more dimming zones and black level control with less blooming. MI offers a big screen for a nominal cost but it’s MI and not Samsung or Sony. Check out MI user thread where many are extremely satisfied.

If you have windows directly opposite to the tv, imo no tv will work irrespective of led or OLED.
I have my balcony entrance bang opposite the TV which is a 42 inch Panasonic plasma. It works like a charm.

I am currently waiting for the LG QNED91. Was supposed to be in their 2021 line up, not sure why it hasn't made it to India yet. The Samsung QN90A will be the next best option.

Vix,
Am sure you have read everything that has been said above.
In that case, I'd suggest go for the biggest screen, budget no bar, tech no bar.
Which in your case would be the 75"Mi

Just to be sure, please could you share the dimensions of your space?

Like most other have mentioned here, OLED if you can control brightness in the room ( direct reflection ) . For a dark setting nothing can beat an OLED. For direct reflection case , just ignore the OLED unless u can get blinders . It will be super frustrating .

Vix,
Am sure you have read everything that has been said above.
In that case, I'd suggest go for the biggest screen, budget no bar, tech no bar.
Which in your case would be the 75"Mi

Just to be sure, please could you share the dimensions of your space?
Thx bro. Go for mi 75"

All the discussions over here are quite interesting.
Great to inform and advice folk on the unlimited postive aspect of the cutting edge technologies of morden televisions. But along this we are forgetting the harsh reality of panel related issues and panel failure . No company or information awares the purchaser about the life span of these panels. They will avoid and make excuses of various kind if asked about it .
But from my current experience I would say whenever buying a premium TV ... it might be Oled 's or FLAD, always make a budget to include an extended warranty investment. Go for a 3 yrs plan. The included 2 yrs + 3 yrs will insure you peace of mind for 5yrs including panel.
Otherwise the axe is always be hanging on your head. After 2 yrs of official warranty you will be
caught between uncertainty and suprises towards errors and defects in panel related issus both for Oled's and FLAD.
Oled's will be hit by pixel burn out and image retention issue and FLAD's will be hit by led falures in the dimming zones.
Even if a single row or some leds of any particular dimming row gets falty ( dead or glow is dim or is flickering) company will tell you to replace the entire panel. Replacing only the LED are said to be a big "NO" by the company.
In which ever case the company's answer to it will be panel replacement.
So take this as a mediclaim or health insurance or vehicle insurance for your favourite piece of equipment and make it safe for atleast 5 yrs.
Even after purchase of the TV inbetween the company's warrantee you can purchase AMC or extended warranty from their service desk.
Hope this helps ....
With regards
Vivek

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back