On demo the Harbeth Monitor 30.1 Reference Monitor.

Absolute Phase

Guys we have just received the first pair of the amazing Harbeth Monitor 30.1 Reference Monitor loudspeakers.

Not only do the look damn good in High Gloss Black but they sound fantastic. More clean and detailed. Can imagine how the 40.1 must sound.

Harbeths: resolving and ravishing... Timbres so true, and resolution, too. Whatever amp I used, the tonality was superb. Never, ever, fatiguing.
Sam Tellig, Stereophile (USA) December 2012

A refinement of the mid-sized BBC speaker (LS5/9), the multi award-winning M30.1 offers a smooth, controlled and well-rounded sound which excels on acoustic music.

Featuring the Harbeth RADIAL bass/mid unit from the reference M40.1, the new-generation M30.1 space-saving professional monitor disappears into the listening room. The M30.1's outstanding midrange clarity and well-controlled bass brings music to life in a wide range of listening environments including front/centre/rear-channels in professional surround sound systems.

It is the first choice for many professional audio engineers including Britain's National Film and Television school and the British Library's National Sound Archive.

AWARDS include...
Golden Ear Award 2013, The Absolute Sound
'Recommended Component' 2013 by Stereophile
Editor's Choice by Germany's hifi & records magazine;
Best Product 2012 by High Fidelity magazine in Poland.
'Best Hi-Fi Component' by Japan's Audio Accessory
'Highly Recommended' by AudioTechnique, Hong Kong

USERS include...
British Library's National Sound Archive
BBC's Later... With Jools Holland post-production
Tudor Davies at ACE Post Production
Music Producer John Dendicott
National Film and Television School

REVIEWS include...
REVIEWED by 6Moons Audio
REVIEWED by Fair Audio, Germany
PREVIEWED by Paul Seydor of The Absolute Sound

Last edited:
LOL I just got an email two days ago to try the new Range Rover ....haha. I wonder where they got my details from. Surely they should know I chose a music system over a car ! :) ....

Last edited:
I believe it is to introduce and familiarize Harbeth to the HNIs. The connection is only by association ....

Guys today many Hi End Cars are coming with audiophile systems.

Take for Example.
Volvo cars come with Dynaudio, All Landrovers come with Meridian, Bentley come with Naim or B&O I think. Someone else has B&W etc.

Today many customer lounges in the showrooms display the home equivalent n terms of audio. So why not a dedicated Off Roading store?

At the E4WD customer lounge we will be changing every month the systems. Isn't it nice to hear good music on a good system while your SUV is being worked on!:D

Wish Harbeth would come out with car audio! Many dreams but doubt this will ever take place. Ha! Ha!:eek:hyeah:

Very soon customers in the Volvo showroom can hear a Dynaudio Confidence Platinum.:yahoo:

I heard these on Saturday at Prithvi's den, paired with Conrad Johnson ET3 & Classic 60 pre/power valve amps, and was astonished by the scale and clarity. We put on Mike Stern's Language, a lovely track with the extraordinary Richard Bona on bass and scat-vocals, and the Harbeth 30.1 played it back with consummate ease. It was a beautiful, warm sound, the vocals sounded superb, and the bass was surprisingly deep. I can imagine listening to these for hours without fatigue.

I also heard the remarkably small P3ESR SE and was floored by the amount of sound the little things could generate. They are about the size of a standard shoebox and rated at 75Hz and above but I could swear I was hearing them go much lower than that. I have no idea how they do it.

We switched to Prithvi's AirTight pre and Krell 2250 power amp for the Harbeth C7 ES3. And the same warm Harbeth sound filled the room. Apart from the slight variation in soundstage, I couldn't tell much difference between them. These are all really exceptional speakers.

Then we moved to Prithvi's living room and heard the Super HL5 35th Anniversary speakers paired with an Esoteric I 03 integrated amp. We played the same Mike Stern track and I was struck by how expansive and natural it sounded.

Just before playing the Harbeths, we had heard some Dynaudio speakersthe Excite 14, 34 and Focus 260. While they were nicea little too bass-heavy, perhaps, for my tastethe Harbeths were in a different league from the moment the music came on. If they weren't so bloody expensive, one of them would be sitting in my room as I type.

Finally, a word about Prithvi. I found him to be very friendly and very generous with his time. We had planned for a 90 minute audition but ended up listening and talking for 4 hours. A fine gentleman, and not pushy at all about selling. Thanks for a very enjoyable time, Prithvi.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back