On what material should I place my TT

Hi Record Player, also try on a 2 inch thick Rosewood shelf with a 5 mm hole in the centre. My table is on a similar rosewood shelf

Hi Record Player, also try on a 2 inch thick Rosewood shelf with a 5 mm hole in the centre. My table is on a similar rosewood shelf

Excellent. Can give this a try as well and actually have this cut to spec of the glass and replace that with Rosewood with the 5mm hole in the center.

Try and get the rosewood or what is called sheesham in the market dried in a kiln to remove moisture. You are unlikely to get one large plank. You can glue two or three smaller planks. Do not use any nails or screws to fix them.

In my limited experience I have found acoustic vibrations also affects TT. To demonstrate I have created following demo. An ideal situation for speaker and other vibration to creep in to cartridge. With feedback 'mostly' from the air that particular frequencies/noise is increased. Here is a demo. Feedback

All things related to vibrations affects the Turntable. floor vibrations, air vibrations, inherent TT vibrations. But as G401 has rightly said base of a suspended TT will have less significant effect. Suspension
Peeps say with AR XA suspension turntable one can strike a hammer to plinth with no effect to suspended chassis.

But still tinkering with turntables is fun and is immensely enjoyable part of refining Analogue sound.
Regards.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back