Once you go Black, you never go Back ;) - My experiments with the wall behind the OLED. (Pictures included in the end)

Black velvet changes the sound(mostly in a good way)
I dont think it has any major effect on the sound/acoustics of the room. Its a very thin fabric. Ive talked to many guys who have done triple black velvet treatment in their rooms and none of them have said the sound suffered or any major change they have seen in terms of acoustics.
Now Triple Black velvet is a brand name,actually. If the composition of the fabric is known it would be very easy to find out what kind of Velvet is actually used.

I dont think it has any major effect on the sound/acoustics of the room. Its a very thin fabric. Ive talked to many guys who have done triple black velvet treatment in their rooms and none of them have said the sound suffered or any major change they have seen in terms of acoustics.
Now Triple Black velvet is a brand name,actually. If the composition of the fabric is known it would be very easy to find out what kind of Velvet is actually used.
  • Content : 67% Acetate 33% Nylon Width : 44" Wide Stretch : None Weight : 1 lb Per Yard
  • The Triple Velvet Fabric is a fabric with a short and high woven nap. this ultra plush, non-stretch velvet is great for special occasions . its very smooth to the touch, and its much more lighter to the feel than the double velvet. very elegant and very luxurious in every sense.

I was binge watching a few Russian films in YouTube a few days ago and the content sometimes juxtaposed from very bright scenes to dark scenes almost within the drop of a hat. My 9300D hits 1000 nits regularly. Previously I had no bias lighting and watched these movies in dark room and was a strain for my eyes. Paul (op) had recommended me bias lighting and after I installed it and watched the Russian flicks, I had no eye pain. These threads are so ergonomically important and I thank Paul for such a thread. It reduced some bloom too as the bias lights rerefacts the viewing and gives a better experience. Only thing is the bias lighting is DIY kit and costs Rs.1000 for 4 metres, the size received was hardly 2.5 metres and the remote works at close range only. Without the remote it blinks all the time and the remote is faulty with just white light working at the moment. But that's sufficient enough. While light actually is yellowish green in colour. Just for your information, I am adding this note.

I had some eye strain in the dark with my x95G, tried a Rs.500 led strip behind, but it came off, so tried a Philips smart bulb, (not the hue which is expensive) behind the TV, as a cheap solution and using cool white 6500k and it is relatively strain free now, good in fact. Looking for curtain which would further improve the lighting from behind

I was binge watching a few Russian films in YouTube a few days ago and the content sometimes juxtaposed from very bright scenes to dark scenes almost within the drop of a hat. My 9300D hits 1000 nits regularly. Previously I had no bias lighting and watched these movies in dark room and was a strain for my eyes. Paul (op) had recommended me bias lighting and after I installed it and watched the Russian flicks, I had no eye pain. These threads are so ergonomically important and I thank Paul for such a thread. It reduced some bloom too as the bias lights rerefacts the viewing and gives a better experience. Only thing is the bias lighting is DIY kit and costs Rs.1000 for 4 metres, the size received was hardly 2.5 metres and the remote works at close range only. Without the remote it blinks all the time and the remote is faulty with just white light working at the moment. But that's sufficient enough. While light actually is yellowish green in colour. Just for your information, I am adding this note.
Can you share the link of the lighting if your bought it online. I have similar eyestrain as I too view my TV in a dark room

Powering these lighting with external power supply is fine, I would be wary of plugging such lighting into the USB ports of the tv/avr. I did a slightly clumsy, do it yourself bias lighting for my earlier shinobi - panasonic tv with components bought from Chennai - parrys at around Rs 400 altogether.
My current Qled (samsung serif) has an intelligent mode that really works for limiting the harshness of brightness variations.

does this sync color with the content on screen?
Not exactly. As I am getting only a so called "white" colour which is a yellowish green illumination. (The kit does not contain a bottom connection which I bought separately in an electrical shop but the remote only partially works). But it is less painful to the eyes and reduces the bloom - maybe it is the case of a good optical illusion, a mirage that tricks your eyes into believing the TV has less haloing effects. The penumbra is slightly gone - (but slightly still there if you look consciously hard enough).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back