One more 12 inch powered subwoofer build coming up

GeorgeO

As some of you may recall, I bought one of the legendary Shiva 12 inch drivers last year with the intention of building (yes another one-maybe need to get my head examined!) a powered sub-this is No 3.

I was held back with some other unfinished projects which are now almost done, + lack of a suitable plate amp. I got an O Audio Bash 500 amp across from the US recently, so I hope to start on this soon. Luckily for me, a friend who is also building a sub using a 12 inch Dayton driver got the mounting holes on his baffle wrong, and gave it to me-I checked it and lo and behold it fits perfectly for my driver. It is constructed of 2 layers of 19mm MDF, so all I need now is to get the remaining 5 sides done by a carpenter, planning an enclosure of about 18 inches cubed, sealed enclosure to begin with( can modify it to ported or PR later) and start listening.

In between I have some travel scheduled to different parts of the country, so I will try to get it done soon, Inshallah.

Watch this space!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back