One more Audiophile to join the gang !

wilfredt

Dear Friends,

A warm Hello to all forumers ! This is Wilfred from Bangalore !

Well, I am new to this forum and have just joined now ! Since a year, I was trying to find a good hifi forum in India to learn more and share the different experience and I am extremely glad that I found HiFiVision.

As for me, I mostly listen to Stereo music. (No wonder my HomeTheater Amp and speakers are still in the packed box since a year !)

As for music, I listen to all kinds, but what I really enjoy is Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Hindi music.

Well, look forward to all your support as I would engage more actively in the forum discussions.

Thank You
Wilfred

Welcome!!!

Where in Bangalore are you based? I spent most of my childhood there, wonderful city. Keep visiting at least once a year even now.

In the south Indian languages you've mentioned, do you listen to film music or classical or any particular genre. Do share about your setup/pics, etc.

Hey,

Thank you all for the warm welcome ! Now I feel that I am in good company again ! or maybe mad company ...;)

moserw, I stay on Outer Ring Road, close to Intel. Where are you based now ?

As for my listening habits, I do listen to selected classical music, particularly from Yesudas. I used to listen to a lot of audiophile CDs in the past when I had more time to listen. However, of late I am not getting enough time to listen, so I usually listen to film songs which is also enjoyed by the family !

Couple of years back I was doing the crime of spending way too much time in tweaking my system to get the best performance out of it and doing extensive testing by using Audiophile recordings, which actually kept my family away and I was labelled as a fanatic. Now I started to listen and enjoy the music more than tweaking the system.

I mostly listen to Ilaiyaraja, AR Rahman and Harris Jayaraj songs. Recently also started enjoying 'selective' Vijay Antony music too. In Malayalam, I liked Deepak Dev music a lot, but he is not much in the foray these days. But then I also oblige when my son brings the 'Rock-On' CD or my daughter brings the 'Ghajini' CD to let them too enjoy the benefits of my hard-earned system and help develop their music listening habits. So my Audiophile CDs are less used these days...

Will post details of my setup shortly as this post has already become long. I am wondering if there is a separate forum/thread to post our setup details.

Thanks
Wilfred

Looking forward to the pics. How about a listing of your audiophile CDs? I'm presently based in Hyderabad, but travel extensively. I have collected some audiophile CDs myself particularly from Chesky Records and MFSL records of The Moody Blues amongst others.

Hey,

In Malayalam, I liked Deepak Dev music a lot, but he is not much in the foray these days. But then I also oblige when my son brings the 'Rock-On' CD or my daughter brings the 'Ghajini' CD to let them too enjoy the benefits of my hard-earned system and help develop their music listening habits. So my Audiophile CDs are less used these days...

Will post details of my setup shortly as this post has already become long. I am wondering if there is a separate forum/thread to post our setup details.

Thanks
Wilfred

Good to see some one like the Deepak Dev songs .He done some Good remixes for Malayalam films.

Movie Symphony song--Nine thedi thedi kayal theerathethii..One of my favourate remix song in malayalam .

moserw, I shall post a list of my Audiophile CDs shortly. Also curious to know what system you listen to.

santhukp, glad to know you enjoy Deepak Dev's songs. He brought in a different style, and I guess he is good at using some non-traditional musical instruments that gave a different touch altogether.

My main system is with the following setup :

Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD Player originally modified by GNSC
Placette Audio RVC Passive Pre (Balanced)
Nuforce Ref9SEV2 Monoblocks
Acoustic Zen Adagio Speakers
Acoustic Zen Interconnects & Speaker Cables
PS Audio and Analysis Plus Power Cords with a basic dedicated power line done

My second system has the following :

Unison Research Unico Tube CD Player
Nuforce P9 Preamplifier
Nuforce Ref9V2 Monoblocks
Monitor Audio Gold Reference G60 Speakers
Wireworld Gold Reference Interconnects
JPS Labs Speaker Cables
Transparent Power Cords

I listen to my main system which is warm sounding and with smooth midrange.

The second system is more dynamic and punchy although it has the tube sound bcos of the Unico, but haven't yet unpacked them, since I don't get too much time to listen anyways. Will plan to sell off the second system once I get some time to do that and once I figure out the best way to sell these in Bangalore. Please let me know what will be a good place or method to sell these nice stuff. I haven't got any contacts on this front.

So as you can see, on the amps side, I am a big Nuforce fan bcos of various reasons, right from dynamic sound to easy handling to less power requiremetns etc. In the past, I tried different amps, but somehow came back to Nuforces, unless I really had to raise the budget too high.

I am also curious to know what amps are popular here and what you all are using...

Best Regards
Wilfred

Hey,

Thanks
Wilfred

Welcome home Will. I love the name Will from childhood bcos of watching "Different Strokes". Arnold BEST line was "what choo talking about Willis" he was and still so damn cute in it.

You can post your setup at:
My Audio/Video Setup

Do thank people (using the thanks button) when you find as it helps to appreciate them :cheers:

...I do listen to selected classical music, particularly from Yesudas. I used to listen to a lot of audiophile CDs in the past when I had more time to listen.....Now I started to listen and enjoy the music more than tweaking the system....So my Audiophile CDs are less used these days...

First of all, let me tell this to you with a mean green face, I'm in love with your speakers:licklips: Had been since the day I heard it!

Well reading your post kinda makes me reflect my own state of mind these days. Over the years I have collected truck load of original audiophile CD/SACDs like a maniac. Somewhere along the line, I more or less lost track of how to sit back and really enjoy the music, stop worrying about tweaking for once and for all. I'm still searching for the cure btw.

And Moserw, don't ask me to list out the titles, I simply don't have the patience to type pages of album titles ;)

Cheers

First of all, let me tell this to you with a mean green face, I'm in love with your speakers:licklips: Had been since the day I heard it!

Cheers

Unleash,

Which speakers did you really like ? The AZ Adagios or the MA GR60s ? Both seems to have a good set of fans.

BTW, Which ones are you using ?

Also, regarding tweaking the system, I too am still keen to improve it with different tweaks; but the fact that I don't get too much time, forces me to listen to music when I do have some spare time !

madbullram,

Thanks a lot for your nice post. And thank you for the link too, I am seeing some very interesting systems out there !!!

Thats some serious hardware wills. :clapping:

I had to search on the net to find out about some of your hardware :D m learning my first lessons in hifi here

Nice to know that you are also a yesudas fan got an uncle who goes nuts listening to him :D

Anyway welcome to the best forum for hifi in India you will feel right at home here lots of really knowledgeable ppl here.

Thats some serious hardware wills. :clapping:

I had to search on the net to find out about some of your hardware :D m learning my first lessons in hifi here

Nice to know that you are also a yesudas fan got an uncle who goes nuts listening to him :D

Anyway welcome to the best forum for hifi in India you will feel right at home here lots of really knowledgeable ppl here.

Rem,

Thanks a lot for your appreciation.

Depending on where you are on the long and curved road to hifi nirvana, you can possibly imagine the time, money and research gone into this nice hobby to get this far :eek:hyeah:, and yet we always tend to have that upgrade itch, as they call it, to make our systems better and better and better....

In this journey, I also tried my hands with many tweaks (both those worked and didn't work) and would be a good topic to discuss some day !

Thanks
Wilfred

Rem,

Thanks a lot for your appreciation.

Depending on where you are on the long and curved road to hifi nirvana, you can possibly imagine the time, money and research gone into this nice hobby to get this far :eek:hyeah:, and yet we always tend to have that upgrade itch, as they call it, to make our systems better and better and better....

In this journey, I also tried my hands with many tweaks (both those worked and didn't work) and would be a good topic to discuss some day !

Thanks
Wilfred

Wilfred Achayo, Hi there! I am Titus, from Cochin.
My music preferences are also along your line. But my audio setup is pretty much zero(young, cash strapped and ignorant, you see).
Hanging out at hIfi vision is doing a world of good to my limited knowledge of hifi and ht. Presently I have an Onkyo avr tx sr 506. On a hunt for a pair of Floorstanders now.( Audio gurus,please dont stone me for getting a surround amp rather than a stereo amp!)
One Malayalam movie album I keep listening to is Ore Kadal. Have you heard it?

Hello Wilfred,
am new to this forum, so I really cannot welcome you, but a big HI:)
suri

Wilfred Achayo, Hi there! I am Titus, from Cochin.
My music preferences are also along your line. But my audio setup is pretty much zero(young, cash strapped and ignorant, you see).
Hanging out at hIfi vision is doing a world of good to my limited knowledge of hifi and ht. Presently I have an Onkyo avr tx sr 506. On a hunt for a pair of Floorstanders now.( Audio gurus,please dont stone me for getting a surround amp rather than a stereo amp!)
One Malayalam movie album I keep listening to is Ore Kadal. Have you heard it?

Titus Achayo,

Thanks for your message. Actually 'young, cash strapped and ignorant' is an excellent state to be in, bcos there is lot of excitement in learning new things and you will not spend too much money to learn things the hard way :)

Good to know we have similar taste; we can share lots of info then. To begin with, thanks for telling me about Ore Kadal, I did buy the album, but could not even open the pack yet. What a shame ! Will listen to it today itself as I am at home. Thanks for sharing.

Regarding your speaker plans, you might want to set your budget clearly, as there is no end to the speakers game. But at the same time you might want to invest in something will stand for some time, even when you change from an AVR to a decent 2-channel setup. Have you shortlisted any models so far ?

Suri, thanks for your message and big HI :) to you too...

I guess this is a very interesting place to learn and share our experiences !

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back