One more reason to get an OLED?

Future seems bright for oled indeed. Sad this is not available for the series below G1. The B and C series are the most popular segment in India. But LG is doing a good job with covering panel related issues. A fm I know very well got his B7 panel replaced today for free cause of burn in. Usage hours was 7500 hours and out of warranty.

Future seems bright for oled indeed. Sad this is not available for the series below G1. The B and C series are the most popular segment in India. But LG is doing a good job with covering panel related issues. A fm I know very well got his B7 panel replaced today for free cause of burn in. Usage hours was 7500 hours and out of warranty.
I am pulling the trigger if this offer lands here. With the new organic material, boosted by this offer, now I am much more confident (after my last OLED fiasco) that it will survive the day in my family. ;)

OLED TVs got hammered by Samsung (who might have a different opinion when it comes to mobile phone screens in marketing hypocrisy terms) so bad that they are literally bowing to customers.

And Sony sneaked in with their own con stuff that the LG OLED panels powered by their picture processor is superior. Poor lg. Tries to hang on in there.

OLED TVs got hammered by Samsung (who might have a different opinion when it comes to mobile phone screens in marketing hypocrisy terms) so bad that they are literally bowing to customers.

And Sony sneaked in with their own con stuff that the LG OLED panels powered by their picture processor is superior. Poor lg. Tries to hang on in there.
Poor LG?? Some times u have to check the fact before writing anything here…
As per market share LG oled tv shipments increased 116% on q1 2021.

Attachments

• 6B9A6D04-833E-4B27-93AE-07FD4E11DD5B.png
    6B9A6D04-833E-4B27-93AE-07FD4E11DD5B.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 27
LG are trying to combat Sony this year with their "EVO PANEL" marketing jazz :D

They want a part of the premium Oled market which is going to Sony.

You had a bad experience with an Oled?
Not with OLED, the TV was really awesome. In a nutshell, the Pannel developed some defects and the company didn't cover it under Warranty. Now that it appears that LG is willing to cover Panel defects under Warranty, it's too hard to resist.

Last edited:
Not with OLED, the TV was really awesome. In a nutshell, the Pannel developed some defects and the company didn't cover it under Warranty. Now that it appears that LG is willing to cover Panel defects under Warranty, it's too hard to resist.
which TV developed defects?

Thanks.

If I am not wrong, Samsung QLED !
Samsung QLED issue guy is me :) Still running it till it goes dead, The line is constant luckily and not thickened or expanded, since that TV is used by my parents and they dont really care about it still using it as is. Plan to replace with a cheaper variant 65/75 inch TV in future , as main use is cable & OTT content for old hindi/kannada movies.

LG on the contrary has been very good on service side, the C7 developed a spot in the middle and they allowed me to opt for 2 years extra warranty post initial warranty period and replaced the panel for free. PQ wise no comparison between the C7 and QLED

Last edited:
I am looking at the OLED tv’s. Primary use case being DTH with sports content, news and movies being the primary source

Streaming content is occasional again mainly for movies or TV Shows only

The comparison videos I saw between Oleds and Other Led TV’s make me want to pick the OLEDs only. Primary preference is the picture quality. SONY or LG does not really matter. Room will be decently bright.

prefer natural colours

I am looking at the OLED tv’s. Primary use case being DTH with sports content, news and movies being the primary source

The comparison videos I saw between Oleds and Other Led TV’s make me want to pick the OLEDs only. Primary preference is the picture quality. SONY or LG does not really matter. Room will be decently bright.

prefer natural colours
Two reasons you must avoid OLEDs are listed by you. But then if you get the decently lit room to dark, OLEDs will be the black beauty you are looking for. Black is a beautiful colour to be replaced by grey in LCDs. Go for LG. Sony is costly for the maaaaaarginal difference in picture quality.

prefer natural colours
I think given your reasons please do take a hard look towards MiniLEDs based tvs. Heard TCL is launching one at a very competitive price. Do compare the PQ with the OLED/non-OLED before taking the plunge

LG probably profits more from selling sony OLEDs rather than LG's own. :D

Panel is the costliest component in an OLED tv and LG OLEDs are cheaper and hugely discounted and sonys are mostly not. This would mean, LG should be profiting more from sony OLEDs on a per tv basis.

Coming back to the topic why OLED is a good thing to buy, i have my room LG cx tv connected to an online inverter which can power 4 fans and 4 flourescent tubelights (many more led lights correspondingly) for atleast 12 hours. In the past if my Sony 9300D lcd tv is also on, they would last lot lesser in case of a feeder fault power cut. Now LG CX can remain switched on for many hours. It is energy efficient three times in comparison to LCD screens.

Wow! Thats customer care - esp in India. Did he have to use pull to make it happen?
Samsung QLED issue guy is me :) Still running it till it goes dead, The line is constant luckily and not thickened or expanded, since that TV is used by my parents and they dont really care about it still using it as is. Plan to replace with a cheaper variant 65/75 inch TV in future , as main use is cable & OTT content for old hindi/kannada movies.

LG on the contrary has been very good on service side, the C7 developed a spot in the middle and they allowed me to opt for 2 years extra warranty post initial warranty period and replaced the panel for free. PQ wise no comparison between the C7 and QLED
Which model & size is this Samsung QLED TV? - Can you check something for me?

Wow! Thats customer care - esp in India. Did he have to use pull to make it happen?

Which model & size is this Samsung QLED TV? - Can you check something for me?
He just raised a complaint with LG and they replaced the panel after inspecting the tv without any hassle

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back