One year old Bose lifestyle V28 for sale

How many of us have ever gone to a bose showroom & taken a demo of their products?

I recently was pulled along by a friend of mine to a showroom at the atria mall in mumbai. The presentation was superb for an uninitiated he would certainly fall for their gimmicks. Overhearing some of the prospects out there for a demo, I felt that most of the people who seem to end up buying bose are mostly upgrading for their sony, aiwa etc. who think that they have bought some real high end stuff at decent price.
The sales guys there are extremely well trained & polite. It seems that they are taught to play with the customers psyche. They are unbelievably calm & remain unflustered however much you curse the bose products & their gimmicks.
The point is that they are doing something right. AFAIK just form the mumbai shops they do a turnover of arnd 20 cr per yr!!! How may dealers or even distributors of high end in India come even close to it?

Other highend dealers & distributors can def learn a few good things from the way bose sells it products . I hope they learn the good bits.
Cheers

Hi neo-ji,

I have been to a Bose showroom. One of the largest malls in Kolkata is a 5minutes drive from my place. For many of our shopping needs, we go to this mall. When I saw a Bose store opening there, one evening when my son and I were at the mall for some other thing, I decided to go in and see what they have (although I knew all about Bose for a long time, actually a friend of mine has Bose speakers).

Your description of the demeanors of the showroom personnel is very very true. They are very well trained and gives an impression that finally the customer has reached the audio heaven. I believe they are also doing very good business. BTW, I saw some Yamaha amps there as demo pieces (not for sale, used only for auditions).

I would rather not give my impressions on the sound (I was blessed with very appropriate advice at the beginning of my audio journey some 25-30 years ago). But my son disliked it, for whatever reason.

When I compare this showroom with other audio showrooms in Kolkata, I would say the other guys are doing rather poorly, in terms of making that ambience for the uninitiated. I believe now there is quite an appreciable market for home theater and may be also plain audio, because despite the economic slowdown, more people have money for these things than say a time 10 years ago. Whenever I have been to SKS Traders for auditions recently, there have been several people coming (even housewives with kids) and enquring about home theater and stuff. But the SKS guys just cannot produce the same ambience as the Bose guys can. These are special skills that the other guys do not have. I think you have a made a very interesting observation.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hey Asit-ji!
Thanks for understanding my point, as i was i digging a hole to take cover for appreciating bose:D

By the way sir just neo more than adequate the ji sounded like an attack.:D
Cheers.

Hi neo,

Okay no "ji". That applies both ways, right? Actually, I thought we have not communicated for a long time, and in the meanwhile you must have grown older and in the true Indian tradition, let me show some respect :D.

Regards.

Total agreement regarding the Bose personnel ;)
I had once been to the Bose showroom to check out their 901s with a friend. My friend after hearing them asked for a home demo. The personnel politely refused and said Bose does not need a home demo because they make the best loudspeakers in the world . I was aghast at the attitude. My friend got a bit angry. The personnel never lost his cool but smilingly insisted that Bose makes the best speakers in the world. The way they stand, position of their hands, body language and the way they touch the speakers all make you feel they are made of the most precious metal :D It is very amusing but very effective.
This is a clever marketing strategy. Bose sells on its brand value. They need only such customers. That is a big chunk of the market. They do not want to waste their time with sensible audiophiles. They can have their Kevlars and soft domes and home demos and what not ?????

Believe me, most casual audio enthusiasts do not care what the loudspeaker is made of. Mud or Gold, they don't want to know. They just want clear, loud, plasticky-sophisticated sound and bragging rights. Bose has cleverly made products which work for them :cool:

Last edited:
:D:D Yeah i'm trying hard to catch up.
Cheers

Hi neo,

Okay no "ji". That applies both ways, right? Actually, I thought we have not communicated for a long time, and in the meanwhile you must have grown older and in the true Indian tradition, let me show some respect :D.

Regards.

Bose has perfected the art of marketing. They set up a really cool listening area with probably the best ambience and accoustic setup. I wouldn't be surprised if their sales folk are trained at some Bose Academy. They have built a name for themselves. Most of the time Bose sells itself. And the psyche is this - when people buy very expensive products they believe that they have got the best.

One must grant Bose credit where it is due.

Having said that, when it comes to movie watching, they are not bad at all. Certainly not the best. But definitely better than average.

Only when you listen to music, one realizes how appalling and woefully inadequate they are.

OP is no longer active in forum and you guys replied after 3 Years
:yahoo:
2500 would be right price

Bose has perfected the art of marketing. They set up a really cool listening area with probably the best ambience and accoustic setup. I wouldn't be surprised if their sales folk are trained at some Bose Academy. They have built a name for themselves. Most of the time Bose sells itself. And the psyche is this - when people buy very expensive products they believe that they have got the best.

One must grant Bose credit where it is due.

Having said that, when it comes to movie watching, they are not bad at all. Certainly not the best. But definitely better than average.

Only when you listen to music, one realizes how appalling and woefully inadequate they are.

bose.... i see some one buying bose.. considering that they got fooled for the marketing gimmick.. nutin more than a smile.. to pep them up and pep myself up that when gonna people understand.. that more money cant buy better sound.

they got the slogan right "" better sound through research " ( marketing research ).hehe

dont compare with apple
apple is not overpriced

people just overlook specs of apple products when they compare

compare Any andriod phones or tablets comparable to apple the prices will be same as apple or even more

can the experts suggest me a setyp for my requirement

- 80% movies and 20% Mp3 listening
- room size of 10*14
- HD audio support

For all you Bose-bashers out there, I agree that most Bose audio gear is consumer grade entry-level stuff marketed well, but the one product they make well is their Quiet Comfort 3 noise-reducing headsets.

I've not been ready so far to shell out 350 USD for a pair yet, but they are miles ahead of any competitor, including the JVC's I own.

For all you Bose-bashers out there, I agree that most Bose audio gear is consumer grade entry-level stuff marketed well, but the one product they make well is their Quiet Comfort 3 noise-reducing headsets.

I've not been ready so far to shell out 350 USD for a pair yet, but they are miles ahead of any competitor, including the JVC's I own.
Offtopic:
The Bose Noise Cancelling headphones are nice. They are supposedly the best. But there are few issues with them:

- non-standard battery; can be charged with official Bose charger only
- works on battery only; if battery is dead, the headphones stop working

On the other hand, equivalent NC headphones such as from Sony are cheaper, work on satndard AAA rechargeable cells and if the battery dies, the phones continue to work as normal headphones minus the NC feature.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back