Onkyo 5100 Demo Piece on discount

You mean I can go for the Onkyo 304 at 10K.......

see the spk you mentioned are avarage I suppose.You can take opinion of others too.With 304 you need good spk which will cost 25k minimum.
So before taking decision check for budget.
If you get Demo onk spk(HK230 or similar)they have good sound.

Though ONKYO is Japanies product,its manufactured in Malaysia.

My friend you did not understand and you have totally misunderstood.....

Yamaha and honda too have plant in india. Both were japanese products... Evethough they are manufactured in India can u say that they will perform like a bajaj or TVS bike ...

Absolutely no and Never ....

My friend you did not understand and you have totally misunderstood.....

Yamaha and honda too have plant in india. Both were japanese products... Evethough they are manufactured in India can u say that they will perform like a bajaj or TVS bike ...

Absolutely no and Never ....

Agree,but this was discussed earlier in one thread & many members were saying British made amp are better than same made in China OR other country.
So I wrote accordingly..

http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/6947-factory-tours-birth-places-audiophile-gear.html

Ok guys......so finally I settled with Onlyo Tx304E+Sensei 5.1 Speakers at 25K.

Thanks for the link dude. Seems one member (Nb79) has bougtht the same receiver with Elec 5.1 speaker at 26K.

Hows that set od speakers any body has any idea?

I have made an initial connection and I must say that I am liking the sound at this point of time. Don't till what time though. By the way I am not very happy with the subwoofer which I have kept at 100% gain but still not getting the punch I was looking for :sad:

Any suggestion from you guys?

Congrates for better set.
Elac can be better option than yours,but if you like that dont worry.

Congrates for better set.
Elac can be better option than yours,but if you like that dont worry.

Thanks spirovious

I must say that you are one of the most helpful guys here :)

Yesterday I bought one Bandbridge coaxial cable and connected it to receiver from my DVD player. There is good SQ improvement. I changed speakers settings as well.....it working fine now :)

I had another query regarding my laptop. I just wanted to know if I can connect my laptop to my AVR as I have lot of good quality movies and music in my laptop.

I had another query regarding my laptop. I just wanted to know if I can connect my laptop to my AVR as I have lot of good quality movies and music in my laptop.

My pleasure,

Why not.
1.If your Laptop has SPDF out then it worths as you can get 5.1 ountput from AVR.
2.Else you can connect stereo output to AVR stereo in ,but cant get true surround.
3.3rd option is to get extenal USB soundcard which can output spdf(digital) to AVR to get true surround.

My pleasure,

Why not.
1.If your Laptop has SPDF out then it worths as you can get 5.1 ountput from AVR.
2.Else you can connect stereo output to AVR stereo in ,but cant get true surround.
3.3rd option is to get extenal USB soundcard which can output spdf(digital) to AVR to get true surround.

Thanks spirovious.....I am not sure about the SPDF out thing, I need to check it. I've Dell Latitude E6400 model laptop.
However, I tried connecting the stereo output to AVR in through coaxial cable. but it was not fitting into my laptop stereo out jack where I connect my headphone. Do I need a different cable for this?

I checked and non of my two laptops has spdif. It means I need to buy a USB soundcard. Can you give me an idea about brand and price.

I'll visit some local shops to find out then.

thanks
Amit

Very sorry to hear that as 5100 was powerful than 304,still dont worry you got your own new AVR.
Congrates...:clapping:

Today eZone claims that it has sold all their 5100 and they are out of stock all over India and may not even sell it hereafter. They had a markdown and were selling it for 27K. Apparently the MRP they claim was 43K. It looked like an impressive system to me. 7.1 + HDMI + iPod dock as well. Got good reviews on amazon too.

I was dissapointed and not being quick enough. I started my day late and kinda paid for the price. End of the day - I am still without an HTiB.

btw - 2 questions on 5100

1. I took a demo of the iPod dock. The remote of 5100 doesnt work with iPod (except ofcourse for the volume controls). But none of the other important features such as stop/change track/forward/rewind, etc work. Is that they way its really supposed to work? Pretty dumb if so.

1. I took a demo of the iPod dock. The remote of 5100 doesnt work with iPod (except ofcourse for the volume controls). But none of the other important features such as stop/change track/forward/rewind, etc work. Is that they way its really supposed to work? Pretty dumb if so.

Well, I really didnt try ipod yet as I use PC with my Htib.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back