Onkyo 6200 SubWoofer Quality, need guidance

kannan_r

Friends,
I understand that Onkyo 6200 receiver is excellent. And I am also aware that, all its seven speakers are one way and particularly front two speakers should be replaced at any cost.
  • Can you guys rate the SubWoofer quality of this model.
  • Also can we live with the surround two & rear two speakers of this model. Or is it also bad and needs a replacement.
If front two alone needs a replacement, then I will go for 6200, Awaiting your guidance.

Friends,
I understand that Onkyo 6200 receiver is excellent. And I am also aware that, all its seven speakers are one way and particularly front two speakers should be replaced at any cost.
  • Also can we live with the surround two & rear two speakers of this model. Or is it also bad and needs a replacement.
If front two alone needs a replacement, then I will go for 6200, Awaiting your guidance.

If you are aware that the speakers are to be replaced then for what reason you are choosing this HTIB by spending unnecessarily on what you are pretty sure do not worth. My sincere advise is to keep away from this brand itself as I am well experienced with their receivers , HTIB s and speakers. Onkyo just inflates the specifications of all their Products at the Entry and Mid level. Their speakers are nothing but ordinary in a coloured rotten Box.
Do not ever go near to this product and burn your pocket replacing the speakers and later on replacing the receiver also. Instead opt for Denon , Harmon Kordon and Marantnz receivers that suits your pocket and upgrade with good speakers.

Regards

If you are aware that the speakers are to be replaced then for what reason you are choosing this HTIB by spending unnecessarily on what you are pretty sure do not worth. My sincere advise is to keep away from this brand itself as I am well experienced with their receivers , HTIB s and speakers. Onkyo just inflates the specifications of all their Products at the Entry and Mid level. Their speakers are nothing but ordinary in a coloured rotten Box.
Do not ever go near to this product and burn your pocket replacing the speakers and later on replacing the receiver also. Instead opt for Denon , Harmon Kordon and Marantnz receivers that suits your pocket and upgrade with good speakers.
Regards
I understand your point, which I thought about it already.
Basically, my requirement is I need two average speakers to my hall plus 7.1 setup in my Bedroom.
So thought of moving two Front speakers from 6200 to my Hall and replace them with powerful Floor standing speakers in my Bedroom.
Most of the time the surround & rear will be silent, so the performance of these speakers shd be atleast average if not worst.
Whereas, ultimate satisfaction relies on the best performance of Woofer, Front two speakers & receiver.
I have alternative plans for front two speaker and Receiver feedback is anyway good, which is capable of running powerful Floor standing speakers efficiently. My humble opinion is, as long as Woofer performance is excellent & surround & rear is average, I can live with it.
Thats why I want to know the quality of Woofer, surround & rear speakers of Onkyo 6200.
What say, Friends am I going in the right direction? please guide

Last edited:
An HTIB is always a compromise. Not sure how much the 6200 costs but even the basic yet excellent entry level sub like Wharfedale SW150 may set you back by 20k or more. So that should explain how good the sub in the said HTIB would be.

In line with what you had planned, should you find the need for more/better bass, you can get a good quality sub that is affordable and integrate with 6200 with some patient calibration.

I understand your point, which I thought about it already.
Basically, my requirement is I need two average speakers to my hall plus 7.1 setup in my Bedroom.
So thought of moving two satellite speakers from 6200 to my Hall and replace them with powerful Floor standing speakers in my Bedroom.
Most of the time the surround & rear will be silent, so the performance of these speakers shd be atleast average if not worst.
Whereas, ultimate satisfaction relies on the best performance of Woofer, Front two speakers & receiver.
I have alternative plans for front two speaker and Receiver feedback is anyway good, which is capable of running powerful Floor standing speakers efficiently. My humble opinion is, as long as Woofer performance is excellent & surround & rear is average, I can live with it.
Thats why I want to know the quality of Woofer, surround & rear speakers of Onkyo 6200.
What say, Friends am I going in the right direction? please guide

Did you auditioned this HTIB . The speakers are not satellites . I felt that frequency and fidelity response on Surround and rear is average in this receiver .This was verified on better speakers . Except THX certified woofers and speakers none of ONKYO speakers are good. I myself using SKW 204 SUB of onkyo wnich was rated as high in onkyo brand but unfortunately it was rated as cheapest SUB in the international market and its performance , if compared with other brands , is average. But having spent 9k I have to satisfy. Why not opt to TX-SR 506 receiver still available at 22k which has good fidelity and frequency response resulting in clean and undistorted sound to the limits of its ability. Finally if you want a full fledged Home Theater around 40k then definitely you are in the right direction .

Regards

Friends,

Hi Kanan,
I haven't heard 6200, however considering my experience with Onlyo 5105 subwoofer performance with music, I strongly suggest you audition other models /makes before you spend money.

Onkyo's have been praised for Movies in this forum, and criticized for their music delivery. It's not that I purchased mine without music audition... it's just that I jumped from existing cheap 2.1 system to a 5.1 system and the music sounded awesome in 5.1 mode. But the novelty quickly wore off and I noticed the weak sound (some harmonics that add punch/bite to an instrument's sound are missing) across the full spectrum later... which forced me to go for Norge 1000 + Wharfedale 9.2 combination after some months.

Regds,

Last edited:
There are not many 7.1 contents yet. 5.1 should be good enough for most cases. Best is to get a good receiver from Denon or Yamaha and get separate speakers instead of 6200.If u just want a HTIB, I have heard Denon DHT 390 is good. Ezone is giving it for 29K. Onkyo 3100 is going for 19.5K.

I do not own. Onkyo 6200... Haven't heard too... I can suggest you to replace the front with yamaha floor standers which cost only 14-15 k

Model numbers are NS 8390
Ns 50F

You can check the price in Decibel which is near SIET college.

That have lot of speakers models to .. Mission , Canton etc...

Personally I never suggest any other other than Japanese brand just for the sake of reliability

I personally own Philips and JBL I never recommend those just becoz they lack reliability.......

You can hear pure music with either onkyo or yamaha

For suggestions you can pvt message me...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back