Onkyo 626 shutting off

urindian

Hi Guys

My onkyo nr626 paired with sonodyne speakers is frequently shutting off while changing tracks while playing them using dlna.can any body suggest what the problem would be.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

My onkyo nr626 paired with sonodyne speakers is frequently shutting off while changing tracks while playing them using dlna.can any body suggest what the problem would be.

What's the impedance of the speakers connected to the receiver? Secondly, does this happen only when using DLNA? Third, is the unit well ventilated?

Hi

Is this the first time this is happening since you have this setup? Does it happen when using other sources? Have you made any changes to connections?

This is happening recently .I switched the HDMI cables and the power cable was moved to another socket..no other changes made

This is happening recently .I switched the HDMI cables and the power cable was moved to another socket..no other changes made

Here are few things I would try. Some of these may sound simple and perhaps silly. The idea is to isolate the problem before we can deem it to be the receiver's fault, in which case the unit would need a repair.

Check the power connection for any loose contact. This could be the reason since you moved the receiver to a new socket.

It's summer in India and probably your receiver is not getting enough ventilation and heating up and shutting itself off to prevent damage. Provide good ventilation.

Ensure the speakers connected to the receiver have an impedance of 6 Ohms or above. The NR626 is designed to work with speakers having impedance of 6-16 Ohms. You may get away with a lower impedance speaker if you are listening at a lower volume. But at higher volumes, the receiver may heat up and shut off.

Check if any of the speaker wires are shorted.

Disconnect all speakers and connect one at a time. Next, play at high volume (each of the speakers individually). If the receiver shuts itself off with any one of the speaker connected, then it may indicate an internal short within the speaker. Can happen due to burnt voice coil/inductors, etc.

I would not doubt the HDMI cable, however if all above fails then swap the HDMI cables with the old ones and check.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back