Onkyo A-917

rangarao_vk

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience with a recently acquired A-917 in mint condition. This amp was made in Japan and is part of the Integra range. After hooking up this amp I was surprised at how clean it sounds with no distortion at any volume. The low end also packs quite a punch and drives a pair of Klipsch RF62 with authority. This has led me to think of Onkyo in a different perspective. Though Onkyo is VFM for HT I was shocked to see it perform excellently for music. I feel that they are a very underrated brand.
regards,
Ranga

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience with a recently acquired A-917 in mint condition. This amp was made in Japan and is part of the Integra range. After hooking up this amp I was surprised at how clean it sounds with no distortion at any volume. The low end also packs quite a punch and drives a pair of Klipsch RF62 with authority. This has led me to think of Onkyo in a different perspective. Though Onkyo is VFM for HT I was shocked to see it perform excellently for music. I feel that they are a very underrated brand.
regards,
Ranga

Congratulations!
Onkyo made some very decent gear and the onkyo HTIB are a far cry from their vintage components in my opinion.
Pictures please.. Lots of them! :)

I own separates from onkyo's Integra line. Onkyo still makes high end separates but I guess there are not many takers for them here... Its a brand that's seems to be kind of looked down upon... My M504 is great.. A neutral amp with loads of power. True dual mono design and some really massive vu meters. I've heard a couple of modern integrated amps costing close to 2 lakhs a while back... I can safely say I saved a lot of money by going for my Vintage onkyo :D :p

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back