Onkyo announces TX-NR 525, 626, 727 - Say hello to the 2013 lineup!!!

tanmayj

The press release (pasted below) is also available here:

Press Releases | About Onkyo | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Technology Debut in Onkyos 2013 Entry-Level A/V Network Receivers

03/14/13 - March 14, 2013
Onkyo Launches TX-NR727, TX-NR626, and TX-NR525 Network A/V Receivers,

HT-S5600 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package

Upper Saddle River, NJ: Continuing its reign as the worlds foremost creator of user-focused home entertainment products, Onkyo has unveiled three exciting network A/V receiversalong with an affordable home theater package ideal for first-time buyersfor the 2013 model year, pushing standards for performance and value to unprecedented heights at the entry-level.

The respected electronics company continues to forge ahead with enhanced features and functionality with following upgrades announced for its entry-level network A/V receivers:
Starting from the TX-NR626, built-in Wi-Fi is supported by a remote app that enables lossless audio streaming from iPhone and Android-based devices, as well as app-controllable FLAC, Apple Lossless, Dolby TrueHD, LPCM, and DSD hi-res streaming from NAS and personal computer via network and DLNA
Beginning with the TX-NR626, built-in Bluetooth technology will enable fast and reliable audio streaming from cellphone, smartphone, tablet, and computer
An expanded selection of music streaming services and internet radio providers (including Spotify, TuneIn Radio, and Last.fm) selectable via remote app
4K Ultra HD passthrough via HDMI from media players and projectors (all three models) and Qdeo 4K video upscaling technology (TX-NR626 and TX-NR727)
Upgraded Audyssey MultEQ room acoustic correction to equalize and calibrate subwoofers as well as satellites.
As the most powerful model on release, the THX Select2 Plus-certified TX-NR727 Network A/V Receiver drives through 7.2 channels equipped with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry, making it an ideal choice for filling larger rooms with studio reference surround sound. The receiver offers Dolby Pro Logic IIz and Audyssey DSX upmixing, and Whole House Mode for distributed audio in up to three zones. Eight HDMI inputs include MHL support for 1080p video from smartphone and tablet, while two HDMI outputs are featured to connect a projector and TV display.
Harnessing technology and making it easier to use is always a major priority, and to this end, InstaPrevue video switching technology and an elegantly simple HDMI-powered user interface are included. Remote app control, meanwhile, extends across three zones, supporting audio streaming from the local network and making it easy to search for the albums, playlists, and internet radio channels available through the receiver.

Users searching for exemplary audio-video performance on a tighter budget may consider the formidable TX-NR626 Network A/V Receiver. Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitrya sophisticated amp topology designed for high-energy output with minimal distortionis present on the front and center channels. The TX-NR626 is suited to playing multi-channel movie soundtracks and two-channel music with a high degree of transparency. 4K Ultra HD video passthrough and upscalingplus built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologyreflect the exceptional value of this fully featured A/V receiver.

With a useful amount of power, network connectivity, and streaming service implementationalong with provision for Bluetooth technology and wireless LAN via optional adaptersthe 5.2-channel TX-NR525 Network A/V Receiver is a strong contender at the entry level. Six HDMI inputs, Audyssey MultEQ, InstaPrevue technology, and Hybrid Standby (which maintains HDMI and network connectivity) are practical inclusions to streamline, simplify, and optimize the home theater system for everyday use.

For users seeking the convenience and performance of a professionally calibrated home theater system, Onkyo offers the HT-S5600 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package. Newly compatible with the UBT-1 Bluetooth USB Adapter, the included receiver boasts Dolby Pro Logic IIz and Audyssey 2EQ equalization for immersive surround sound. Multizone support via Powered Zone2 connections is also available on the powerful package. The eight-piece speaker set employs high-performance OMF drivers in the two-way front and center speakers, and an efficient yet punchy 120 W active subwoofer.

All models presented here are endowed with class-leading audio pre-processing and proprietary WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology). This key to this acclaimed technology lies in Onkyos low-negative-feedback amplifier topology, which extracts the full dynamic potential in the recording. High instantaneous current capability, meanwhile, provides a deep reservoir of power to handle the sudden dynamic gains common to movie soundtracks, while noise-canceling closed ground-loop circuits assist with the clean and clear delivery for which the Onkyo brand is celebrated.

From its roots in two-channel hi-fi, and pioneering contribution to multi-channel home theater, Onkyo is now leading the way toward house-wide entertainment systems driven by powerful A/V processing hubs. Rapid innovation is leading to better-equipped products at all levels of the market, allowing consumers to enjoy the life-changing benefits of the digital revolution.

The TX-NR525, TX-NR-626 and TX-NR727 network receivers will have suggested retail prices of $499, $599 and $899 respectively, and the HT-S5600 home theater system will have suggested retail prices of $599. The TX-NR525, TX-NR626 and HT-S5600 will be available at retail in April while the TX-NR727 will be available in May.

About Onkyo : Since 1946 Onkyo has been passionately committed to developing audio products that deliver uncommon performance, quality and value. Bundling proprietary technologies and innovations with other sound-enhancing exclusives, Onkyo continues to created award winning products that are lauded by many of the industry leading audio publications. The company's philosophy is to deliver products that are superbly designed and built to a consistently outstanding standard of excellence. The results can be seen in the obviously high quality of any Onkyo-manufactured product, even before it is turned on. Visit Onkyo's website at Onkyo USA Home Theater. Follow Onkyo USA at www.facebook.com/OnkyoUSA.

The TX-NR525 is amazing in that it has both on-board wifi AND 4K compatibility. Seems that 4K is catching on as I saw 2 models at Frys the other day.
Here they compare it to a few other newer models and it competes well. AV Receiver Guide - Home Theater I'm not certain if the other guys have the 4K yet, but maybe they will add it with a firmware upgrade soon?
I think 4K is here to stay as I saw a few models on display at Frys the other day. I even did an online survey about it the other day. I also like the on-board wifi as I like to stream Pandora but get tired of having to turn my TV on to set it up with my Roku first.

Still not showing in Onkyo India website
India isn't the primary market for any AVR manufacturer... There thrust is for US & UK regions only....

Asian countries will be last to receive any products..:sad:

Hopefully 2013 products lineup will get updated latest before End of year 2013

Looks like Onkyo is stripping features of the new line to reduce the price. I am in the market for 818/828 and looks like 828 does drop few features like isf Certified Calibration Control, Audyssey MultiEQ-T32 (828 has lower end without T32). Also its 5 watts less.

Is this really an upgrade? I am planning to go with 818 instead and save some money as well.

Looks like Onkyo is stripping features of the new line to reduce the price. I am in the market for 818/828 and looks like 828 does drop few features like isf Certified Calibration Control, Audyssey MultiEQ-T32 (828 has lower end without T32). Also its 5 watts less.

Is this really an upgrade? I am planning to go with 818 instead and save some money as well.

828\929 is not the correct replacement for 818...

818 was only 7.2 channels with XT32, 1080p Video processor..

828 is 7.2 channels without XT32 & 1080p Video processor..

929 is 9.2 channels without XT32 & 1080p Video processor...

Try to get the TX-NR 1010 instead of 828....

The top end models haven't been refreshed by Onkyo yet..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back