Onkyo HT-RC360- Is it a good buy?

vj_box

Guys,

I had already posted a thread under speakers mentioning that I am in the middle of upgrading to a better HT setup.

I am looking at this newer Onkyo AVR-

Onkyo HT-RC360 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver HT-RC360 B&H

Sounds like its packing all the punch needed.

Please suggest if I can buy this one from the US. Not sure if any of you has already experienced this one.

Thanks!

Thanks imgene! Just wanted to know if its worth sourcing from the US. New egg had an offer till yesterday where this was priced $349. Now its back to $379 :(

Cheer up, Amazon has it for $345 (approx)

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-RC360 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receiver (Black): Electronics

You need to factor in customs (24% approx.), shipping, step-down transformer price and the fact that you do not get any warranty.

Call is yours, Denon 11 (1311, 1611, 1911) series is going out and is available at 25-30% off, look at them if they interest you.

Thanks mate!

But then, this will be brought by my friend and you are anyways allowed to bring in goods worth 25k with out paying any customs duty. In that case,it shouldnt attract any duty there,yes?

I going to be heavily using this for movies and games and based on some quick study, members here prefer Onkyo in most cases, thus zeroed in on this one.

Well 25K covers everything your friend will carry from USA.

So, If he is not carrying nearly anything, it should not be an issue. I will suggest you to take auditions and decide since it is a personal choice and heavily dependent on speakers as well.

Well 25K covers everything your friend will carry from USA.

So, If he is not carrying nearly anything, it should not be an issue. I will suggest you to take auditions and decide since it is a personal choice and heavily dependent on speakers as well.

Yes! I had actually got more than that value in the form of 2 PS3s,Turntable,Ipods etc when I came back from the US last year. But then its also the luck that favors that time as I was able walk away free from any check :)

My friend will be traveling first class and should not have a problem there!

Yes, I will need to audition this one but I am sort of satisfied seeing good reviews on this. Where do you think I can audition this one in Hyd? Is it even out yet?

Thanks for helping out!

Confirmed the order for the AVR. Expecting it when my boss is coming down from the US next month :yahoo:

Can any one confirm the India price of this AVR?

I heard the price is about 30K or something.

Back