Onkyo HT-S3300 Or Yamaha YHT-196?

ashishk

Hi,
I want to go for a Receiver/Speaker package but am limited by budget of upto 25K. After hunting around, I found these 2 options that seem to have the features I need and fit into the budget as well:
-Onkyo HT-S3300
-Yamaha YHT-196

I'm not sure which one to go for. Can anyone help with suggesting what should be the deciding factors for choosing between the 2? Here's what I have that would likely connect to it:

1. PS3(HDMI/Optical)
2. TATA Sky STB - HDMI
3. PC(HDMI/Optical)

I plan to buy a 3D TV next to support 3D games, so the receiver needs to support 3D passthru.

Any suggestions on the above are welcome.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Ashish K.

Onkyo is easily upto handle the above setup. From what i see, you are more in gaming and movies and probably music comes after it. And if that is true, Onkyo is an easy winner.

Can the Yammie perform better, i dont think so, but let others comment on that... :)

i had audition both onkyo 3400 and yamaha 196.

i felt yamaha is much better.

It costly 20k 4k less than 3400.

is it a good buy at 20k.

With this budget you can also consider Pioneer AVR VSX-519 + pioneer speakers ( S-21 W + S-11 W ), my friend brought it for 24K

Nothing wrong with Yamaha YHT0196. Its great value for money. When I auditioned pioneer it was proper setup and sound was good. But in case of yamaha setup was not proper, all sounds were placed together, so did not able to get demo of surround sound.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back